Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 4:11am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Its crowded in Hell »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Its crowded in Hell
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Its crowded in Hell  (Read 401 times)
SouthBronxSupreme
New Board Newbie
USA 

Eat drink and be merry, 4 tomorrow we die-  Bible

WWW Email

Its crowded in Hell
« on: Oct 4th, 2007, 11:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

thought I was alone for the most part. My dad and his father had cluster headaches and it was my luck that out of all his kids I got it too. My first attack was in a hot ass laundry mat on a Saturday when I was 9. They went away and came back my 9th grade year - since then they've been on and off - they came back the beginning of September, It was at night, the same night my girlfriend came to start a fight with me and I hit her - never hit a woman in my life and my head was hurting so bad I struck her and subsequently it lead to me being arrested, and once in the jail all they gave me was tylenol (I threw) and held my head for a day and a half till thankfully me head didnt hurt. That was my worst headache to date which is why I came online looking for alternative cures and came across this site - Just reading the front page of this site made me tear up because I felt like there were others living with this shit besides me-  I hope my son never gets headaches. I plan to search around this board and see whats goin on. My name is Scott Lance but everyone calls me Supreme.

Peace
IP Logged

"You wanna call yourself a man , you better act like one!... Here! Take this.... Now if you hear someone coming, you don't scream out for me to help! Be a Goddamn Man! " - Donald Goine's Crime Partners
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Its crowded in Hell
« Reply #1 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 2:07pm »

Whattup Boogie Down.....
Just remember my brother in pain that....From Queens comes Kings.... Cool

#1 I hope and i am sure that you learned a lesson in life
#2 I hope we can help ya learn how to live to the best of it while you deal with CH.

There is plenty to learn and plenty to share.

I'll get back to ya later with resources (I'm on a wifi in between clients) since I don't have available at the moment.

Live and learn.

E-double (ring a bell?)
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
SouthBronxSupreme
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 2:57pm »

Peace

appreciate the words, no one can understand the pain like someone who goes thru it, regardless of whom or what. I read in a study that pain can mold who we are as people, so surely we have more in common than the seat that we share. Moreless tho green eyed bandit - good look for the words.

Peace
IP Logged

"You wanna call yourself a man , you better act like one!... Here! Take this.... Now if you hear someone coming, you don't scream out for me to help! Be a Goddamn Man! " - Donald Goine's Crime Partners
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 4:13pm »

Can you give us a little more info. on if you have a Dr. who has diagnosed you and is treating you for CH?  What meds has he tried?  Do you have 02?  that kind of thing.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
SouthBronxSupreme
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 4:27pm »

I dont have a doctor, my girlfriend has been trying to talk me into goin to the free clinic BUT I know whats gonna happen, hes gonna prescribe Perciset  or Motrin or some shit that wont help. Ive NEVER tried O2 (except for the free kind) I have access to an O2 machine that my girlfriend's daughter uses for her asthma, i tend to try it out now that ive read about it on here, I was diagnosed back when i was around 9, ive tried EVERYTHING - prescribed or not. Since around 01 My headaches went away until about two months ago, im a new father, head of household, and this is just icing on top of a shit cake of stress. I hate even writing so much about my CH because I might jinx myself and get one tonite, and im gonna blame you. Ive had CH so long that eventually I stopped puttin it down on job applications because I feel that theyll purposely discriminate, its really taking a toll on my relationship and theres nothing I can do to get my son's mother to empathize (she swears child birth is worse) - hopefully that chapter will be over soon. Thats about it, I start O.D.ing off water to see if that helps - I know imma get another headache tonite - I try to offset it with carefully timed medical preventative measures tho we all know it doesnt help. Main reason ive never been to the doctor is because of the needle - I know thats what works because my pops takes Imitrex, Im not a needle person. Im goin to the doctor's soon to see what I can do, the way my heads been hurting recently Im just gonna ask for the shots.  

P.S. Why does the Doctor have to be a he?  Grin
IP Logged

George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 7:51pm »

on Oct 4th, 2007, 4:27pm, SouthBronxSupreme wrote:
I hate even writing so much about my CH because I might jinx myself and get one tonite, and im gonna blame you.

Don't worry about that part of it--there isn't any jinx, and the headaches can't read.

on Oct 4th, 2007, 4:27pm, SouthBronxSupreme wrote:

Main reason ive never been to the doctor is because of the needle - I know thats what works because my pops takes Imitrex, Im not a needle person. Im goin to the doctor's soon to see what I can do, the way my heads been hurting recently Im just gonna ask for the shots.

You gotta do what you gotta do.  For what it's worth, I'm told the needle's just a little bitty skinny thing, and you can't much feel it.  Better a pinprick than a CH.  

Take a good, hard look at oxygen.  It's an effective abortive treatment for about 70 percent of us.  I don't know how well the oxygen generator's going to work for you--we should have pure oxygen at 10-15 liters per minute with a non-rebreather mask.  Anything less and with the wrong mask is ineffective.

Best wishes and welcome,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
SouthBronxSupreme
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 12:16pm »

Pure Oxygen in the metal tube, Yeah the nebulizer I use is nothing like that, Im planning on moving very soon so thats when im gonna pursue further medical treatment- Its crazy that something as messed up as CH can be knocked out with O2
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss