Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 12:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « shadows? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   shadows?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: shadows?  (Read 279 times)
octobermay
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

shadows?
« on: Oct 3rd, 2007, 7:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi, im new to this board, site, and the whole CH thing (if its what i have been going through, i havent been officially diagnosed, but my primary dr said it sounds like it is)  i keep hearing about shadows- what exactly is a shadow.   is it the feeling when you dont have a CH, but you can still tell that something is going on?  because i feel that all the time.  Thank You.
IP Logged
CostaRicaKris
New Board Veteran
USA 

Currently training for AFC half Marathon

CostaRicaKris  
Email

Re: shadows?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 3rd, 2007, 8:18pm »

For me, it's the pain I get from my temple and along my cheek bone. It happens when an episode is starting and then sticks with me during the days in between the nightly attacks.
IP Logged

Visit my website: http://www.active.com/donate/amnhealthcare/KristinaMorris to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 10:51am »

There seems to be varying degrees and symptomology, some get the droopy eye and runny nose but no pain, some get those symptoms and light KIP 2-3 pain.

For me it's when I feel the claws inside my head like it's getting ready to strike, but he just dangles his claws without "digging in."  I rarely get "normal" headaches, tension, hangover types, but I can tell the difference between a shadow and a normal head ache right away, it just "feels" like a CH! Does that make it clear as mud? Grin

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
CostaRicaKris
New Board Veteran
USA 

Currently training for AFC half Marathon

CostaRicaKris  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 11:02pm »

It's clear to me!

It does feel like the beast's claws starting to dig in.
A Shadow is completely different then a tension headache. I recognize it, and fear it,  as soon as I feel it.
IP Logged

Visit my website: http://www.active.com/donate/amnhealthcare/KristinaMorris to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 7:30am »

To me it's a Kip2/3 that just sits there and doesn't really fade.  They can last for days.  It's not a true hit but merely a shadow of one.  Nothing much works on them for me.   But if they begin to creep up to Kip 4/5 territory I'm on the O2 to knock it back down again.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 9:58am »

on Oct 5th, 2007, 7:30am, DennisM1045 wrote:
To me it's a Kip2/3 that just sits there and doesn't really fade.  They can last for days.  It's not a true hit but merely a shadow of one.  Nothing much works on them for me.   But if they begin to creep up to Kip 4/5 territory I'm on the O2 to knock it back down again.

-Dennis-

Ditto  Smiley

Rosy.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
octobermay
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 12:17pm »

Thank you for letting me know.  how long is the longest a shadow can last? I have had a constant headache for 8 weeks now probably around a 2/3 on kip scale and NOTHING helps. It definately gets worse for a while (the worst i felt was prob a 8/9 on kip scale), but then kind of goes away, but not completely. i can always tell it is there.
IP Logged
SouthBronxSupreme
New Board Newbie
USA 

Eat drink and be merry, 4 tomorrow we die-  Bible

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 12:20pm »

Yeah as soon as my eye starts feeling like someones sharpening a pencil in the socket then I know what time it is - I though shadows were the blurry shadows you saw after pushing your eyeball back in your head for a hour.
IP Logged

"You wanna call yourself a man , you better act like one!... Here! Take this.... Now if you hear someone coming, you don't scream out for me to help! Be a Goddamn Man! " - Donald Goine's Crime Partners
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 12:28pm »

on Oct 5th, 2007, 12:17pm, octobermay wrote:
Thank you for letting me know.  how long is the longest a shadow can last? I have had a constant headache for 8 weeks now probably around a 2/3 on kip scale and NOTHING helps. It definately gets worse for a while (the worst i felt was prob a 8/9 on kip scale), but then kind of goes away, but not completely. i can always tell it is there.  

Like everything else with this damn disease, everyone is different.  I have had shadows persist for up to two weeks.  But fortunately that is rare for me.  I hope they give you a break soon.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss