Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 6:12am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New here - :) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New here - :)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New here - :)  (Read 264 times)
nanbibb
New Board Newbie
USA 

New here - :)
« on: Oct 5th, 2007, 12:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been reading posts on the site for a while and learning a lot. I was diagnosed 7 years ago and was medicated for ch. Since that time I had to go off meds to get pregnant and have my daughter and moved. I spent 2 glorious years after having her with no headaches. For the last 4 years I have been dealing with them on my own. Lately they have been back with a vengence. I am a teacher and it is getting really hard to control on my own. I feel like I am letting my students down. I have never had a cycle that has been this bad before.  

I am one of my lowest points right now. I am in my 2nd day of what is normally a 3 day cycle, I will have 4 days pf and then go back again for three days.

I am really glad that I found this site, I really don't know where I would be without it. My family is very understanding but sometimes I don't think they can really understand. I tend to try and inflict pain on myself when I am in a cycle to try and forget the pain in my head. My kids do not get that.  

Sorry so long. I am sitting here afraid to fall asleep knowing I will be awake a in a couple of hours hurting worse again. Sad

Does anyone have the length of pain over several days? I will have sharp stabbing pain and then a constant pain also, always right sided, stuffy nose, droppy eye. My current dr. since moving will not agree to the diagnosis, and I can never get into see him when I have a headache and I am scared of emergency rooms.  

I have ben thru TMJ surgery, ortho work, chiro all saying they could get rid of my headaches and here I am still in pain.

I wish everyone a relaxing and pain free sleep!

Nancy Smiley
IP Logged
Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

WHY BOTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Re: New here - :)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 2:53am »

Hi Nancy,

Welcome, just sorry you have a need to be here.

I think the first thing to recommend is for you to check out http://www.ouch-us.org/chgeneral/doctors.htm it is a link to the OUCH sufferer recommended Dr`s page, hopefully there will be one close enough to you to do some good.

When i am not having an attack i have the background shadows that can last for days.

I am sure the more knowledgeable ones will be along shortly.

Dape
IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
CostaRicaKris
New Board Veteran
USA 

Currently training for AFC half Marathon

CostaRicaKris  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 5:05am »

I'm not one of the more knowledgable ones, just up in the middle of the night. Although not because of pain thank goodness!

My cycles usually last about a month to six weeks. I had about five or six of them starting back in 2001. I'd have a month on, a month off, six weeks on etc. Then complete remission for years only to have them return a couple weeks ago.

I usually felt perfectly fine when I saw my Dr too, so it's hard to get them to understand. Plus, CH are not very common. I hope you find the right Dr and can get some effective treatment.

~ Kris
IP Logged

Visit my website: http://www.active.com/donate/amnhealthcare/KristinaMorris to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 10:03am »

Nancy while you find a good Doc, try with Kudzu and melatonin, both are over the counter and seem to be very effective. Red Bull is good too to abort the hits. You can also get your hands on welders Oxygen if your Doc will not give you and RX for it.

Hope you get to feel better soon!!

Pain free wishes for you!!!

Rosy.

IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #4 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 11:19am »

Hi Nancy  

I am sorry that you are in so much pain right now.hug

I'm a teacher too! Right now i'm being a mom at home. You are not letting anyone down. Your family  loves you no matter what and your students appreciate you becuase you are you.  Your head hurts, but you are still there and they know it Smiley
It sounds like you may have more than one type of HA going on like maybe a migraine in the background of your CH. I get both a the same time.  Please get to a good neuro so they can help you sort it out. And it might be helpful to keep a HA diary and print out what you wrote and take it with you to the doctor.

I  suggest melatonin (Rosy did above) and I also take B2 and magesium daily.
and ice or heat on your head or a cold shower might help while you hurt.

And the best med by far is SUPPORT!!! We are here and we understand Smiley
Tons of PF's for you!!!
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2007, 11:23am by lionsound » IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 12:05pm »

I've been doing the B-2 and magnesium suppplement for the last several years and have achieved a decrease in both frequency and intensity of attacks, so certainly worth a try.

The Red Bull suggestion by Rosy, any of the energy drinks that contain both Caffeine and Taurine, many can find relief from shadows and even abort an attack by slammming one of those down.

Then your headache diary. Read up on the KIP scale on the left. In your diary keep track of when they start, how fast they build, how high they get, how long they stay and how fast they leave. The diagnosis is in the details, especially if your one of the unlucky souls with multiple head ache types.  

Support and knowledge are your best friends. We'll support you and there is oodles of knowledge on the board for you to read up on. DON'T sit back and hope the doctors will help you. If you do that you will suffer much needlessly. Most are lacking in education of headaches in general, and absolutely clueless about CH. Your biggest hurdle will be finding one with at least a little knowledge that you can educate.  Welcome to the board, hang in there.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
nanbibb
New Board Newbie
USA 

Re: New here - :) - Thank you
« Reply #6 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 4:06pm »

Thanks for the info!  I am currently takign melatonin and a vitamin B supplement. I also keep a stock of Red Bull, sometime it helps othertimes it doesn't. I keep a diary but I haven't used the KIP scale in it. I will do that.  

I have had a relatively good day today, this one hasn't been as long. But I am expecting it to get worse this evening. Does anyone else do that? I can just kind of tell that it will be there. Not sure how to explain it.  

Thanks again for all the info.  

Nancy
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 4:14pm »

I know exactly what you mean, and unfortunately that "feeling" is usually right. Hang in there and try to find a neuro who'll listen. Good luck.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss