Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 2:52am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Guy!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Guy!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Guy!!!  (Read 321 times)
GodHelpMe
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

New Guy!!!
« on: Oct 7th, 2007, 1:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all,  

let me start by saying i wish i would have found this site 4 years ago it deffinately would have took a load off of my shoulders.
My name is CHad I am 29 and ive suffered with these darn things for 4 years.Not chronic thank God. I cant seem to find a DR. that knows anything about clusters.Ive been left to go with what my Grandmother has told me( she and her father both suffered from clusters).All my Doctors act like they know what they are yet everytime i see them they say "how are the migraines". LOL if they only knew how much different these are.But i did get a prescription for Verapamil 240mgs twice daily.It seems to help ive only had 2 breakthroughs since ive started the medicine. The very first cycle i had i thought i had a really really bad toothache and even had a tooth pulled.The next day i had another cluster and went back asking them to pull another tooth lol. Then they got worse. I always tell people that its like someone stabbing you repeatedly right above my left temple and traveling down to my upper jawbone once there it feels like someones trying to pry my eye out of my head as they slowly pull the knife back out only to push it back down again for about 3 hours straight. Anyways enough of my story Im sure you all know just how the story goes unfortunately.

Again this place is a Godsend. Grin
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: New Guy!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 7th, 2007, 1:34pm »

Hi Chad and welcome.

Your Verapamil dose is low compared to what others who take it,  are using.  Research this site and print out whatever you think is relevant to take to your Dr. You very well may HAVE to educate HIM, as we have all found out with our Dr.s  (o.k. not all...most of us have had to)  

Oxygen is a life-saver for about 75 % of us as an abortive.  You will need a prescription from your Dr. for it, a regulator that goes to at least 15 lpm, and an non-rebreather mask.    

Please feel at home and ask any questions you want.  That's what we're here for.   Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
GodHelpMe
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Oct 7th, 2007, 1:45pm »

Thanks for the welcome Linda.

I was thinking the dose may be low but it seems to prevent them although i can tell they are there if that makes sense. Im currently in another cycle and it seems like i can feel the cluster but it never amounts to anything but afterwards i get a real "headache" and i usually sleep alot. I dont see my DR. again until Nov. but was planning on inquireing about Oxygen. MY Dr. now says he know alot about these but only time will tell. I have already got quite a few adobe files from here to take to him just in case.
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 7th, 2007, 2:46pm »

You can still call and ask him to script the O2 till you can get in to see him.  Just curious what you do about the ones that do break through?  Any abortive at all?
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
GodHelpMe
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 7th, 2007, 3:51pm »

no abortive. Just suffer for around 3 hours. I try makeing
some really strong coffee and paseing and rocking.Sometimes i like to take a really hot shower it seems to make my nose run which usually is a sign the cluster is about to stop.
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 7th, 2007, 3:55pm »

http://www.plainboard.com/ch/chtherapy.pdf

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002)

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
GodHelpMe
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Oct 7th, 2007, 4:00pm »

Thanks!
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 7th, 2007, 4:12pm »

Chad,

also try any one of the new energy drinks on the market, like Red Bull, Rock Star, Jolt, etc.  The ones with Caffeine AND  Taurine in them.  Chug one down at the first sign of a hit.   It is a very good interim abortive for lots of us.  Better than coffee alone.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
HeadhurtinMama
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I'll be just peachy when it quits hurting!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 7th, 2007, 4:16pm »

Chad,  check your PMs.

Bridget
IP Logged

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are
Wake me up when September ends
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss