Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 12:44am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Person,  Different Problem »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Person,  Different Problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Person,  Different Problem  (Read 528 times)
Cal-gal
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

New Person,  Different Problem
« on: Nov 20th, 2007, 7:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, my name is Debbie.  

Sounds like I was lucky in a way because in the beginning I was at least diagnosed with having ch, which started about 17 years ago.  This is the longest stretch I've had of them though.  They started this past July and are still lingering around.  They are not as strong these past few weeks, but they just won't completely go away either.   Unfortunately, this past August they were very strong and I had a stroke.  The nuerologist concludes they were a contributing factor to the stroke I had.  While "most" people have two blood vessels leading to the part of the brain where the stroke occurred, I only have one.  The stroke occurred during the night, a #10 ch occurred during that same night also.  I woke up with double vision.  A blood clot was definetely the cause of the stroke with the "help" of the severe ch.  I now sleep with an oxygen tank by my bed.  I have also found sleeping in a reclining position is also very helpful.  My husband has since raised the head of the bed about five inches so we sleep raised up a bit more.  (It also helps his acid reflucs too).   Anyway, on a more positive note.  Things really aren't that bad.  We just had a few really hard months.  We both figure we got everthing out of the way this year and 2008 is going to be great!  One of the things that I keep thinking is... I only get ch at night.   And just coming out of sleeping, just before I wake up.  I don't know if anyone else has this happen.  But if so, I want to pass this on........ I found that if I sleep in a recliner, sometimes, (and I mean sometimes) I could go a few nights without a ch.  And believe me a few nights without a ch is a miracle.  If I ever get a pain free night, I am sooooo thankful the next day Smiley!
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: New Person,  Different Problem
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 10:10am »

Several have posted that the head raised position helps them sleep through the night. If you haven't tried melatonin, you might want to consider it. Obviously run anything past your doctor given your medical history. Many find that by taking 9-12 mg of melatonin before going to bed they can reduce the night time hits. Might be worth exploring, hope 2008 is a little brighter for you, sounds like you could use a break!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

Re: New Person,  Different Problem
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 6:50pm »

Welcome aboard Debbie!

Guissepi is right , try melatonin, and I am glad you found something that works for you.

Wishing you lots and lots of pain free time!

Rosy.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss