Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 5:16am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Drown the Beast with Coffee »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Drown the Beast with Coffee
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Drown the Beast with Coffee  (Read 3128 times)
Shoot_Me
New Board Newbie
USA 

Support Our Troops

Drown the Beast with Coffee
« on: Dec 18th, 2007, 8:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just found this site. I've been dealing with this Beast for about 7 years. I'm an episodic female, 61 years old and in very good health (aside from this demon).
Right now I am in a cycle and would like to tell all what seems to work for me.
This morning at 6:38 I awoke with the familiar ache in my jaw. I immediately applied heat and had about 4 cups of strong coffee.  Also, I used a nasal spray (given to me by my Vegan daughter).  The spray is made by Quantum. The pain started to radiate up my face (always the right side). I also put my bare feet on my cold granite floor.
By 7AM the Beast was subdued. Thank God!
If I do not catch the Beast in time, I am in real trouble (about a 9 on the kip scale).
I hope this helps someone.
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Drown the Beast with Coffee
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 10:23am »

Coffee is a time honored and oft used tool against the beast, I hope it's not your only tool!!!!!!

If you don't have oxygen yet, read the link on the left and please give it a try, where coffee is a small calibre pistol, oxygen has been the nuclear bomb in my head ahce arsenal!! (I know gals, typical guy everythng has to equate to war!!! Grin)

Welcome to the board, get your feet off the cold floor, put em up here by the fire and stay a while!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Shoot_Me
New Board Newbie
USA 

Support Our Troops

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 12:22am »

Thursday I see the doctor and will bring the info about the oxygen.  
This is a new dr. and really the first time I will even mention this problem.  I was very unaware of the name of the Beast until about 6 mons ago.
It's been over a year since my last episode so I consider myself very lucky!
Thanks for the reply!
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 10:35am »

Remember to attack the problem with a two pronged approach. You want a good preventative medication, one you take regularly while you are on cycle to reduce intensity and frequency of the hits. More common prevents are lithium, (my favorite!) topomax and verapamil.

Then your abortive strategy. Really push for the oxygen, some docs really weird out over the 02 thing and would rather write you a bunch of highly addictive narcotic prescriptions that'll cause you more harm then good! Grin (Joe will now step off his soap box!)

Get ready to educate a doctor as very few doctors see this condition so you may have to "assist" him with suggestions to help you manage your care. Good luck and please let us know how it goes!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23rd, 2007, 7:41am »

I've with Joe 100% on this one. Don't know why docs are so reluctant to give RX's for O2. It's safe and works... Make sure you get a script for a regulator that goes to at least 15liters per minute and a non-rebreather mask (with the bag) or it's useless. Use it at the first sign of a HA.  

Preventatives are a must.

Narcs are not worth a flip for CH.  

Take info with you and be assertative. Docs just don't have the time (or inclination) to research anything. We are our own best advocates.  

Let us know how it goes.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss