Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 7:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Clusters and Kids »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Children and Cluster's
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Clusters and Kids
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Clusters and Kids  (Read 857 times)
buckeyescooter
New Board Veteran
USA 

Screw Fear!

Clusters and Kids
« on: Apr 1st, 2004, 1:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm actually the patient and I must say, reading some of the posts in this section have touched me deeply. One of my biggest fears is how to handle the ha when I'm alone with my two daughters, both of whom are still in diapers. My wife is supportive but at the same time human. The thought of my two girls having to see their "daddy" in so much pain,makes me sick to my stomach. I'm supposed to be their hero....
IP Logged

Clusterheads are a rare breed.
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: Clusters and Kids
« Reply #1 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 1:55pm »

Hi Buckeye - even our littlest supporters need help sometime.  Your girls might be too young for this yet, but maybe you could read it to them so they know that Daddy's going to be ok.  Witnessing that kind of pain can be very scary to a little one - and you're exactly right - they DO see you as a invincable hero.

Here's something we did up for children of clusterheads, over at the Family Services Team.  Check it out:

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/family/fam_kids.htm

p.s.  one thing Elaine did when her kids were little is she kept a special box full of toys that her kids were only allowed into when she was under attack.  It kept them busy and they also knew that those toys were special because they only got to play with them during the attacks.  I think Elaine's idea is one of the best I've heard in all my years here. Might be worth a shot for your girls.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2004, 1:58pm by Margi » IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 2:51pm »

My twins have grown up watching Daddy have his boogie heads, as long as you don't make a big deal of it, neither will they, children tend to feed off our anxieties and fears, your happy they're happy, you hurt they hurt, I personally don't believe in keeping parts of life hidden from children, their imaginations are far more vivid than the truth....

PF vibes to you, who no matter what will always be thier Hero!

Cathy  Smiley
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

Giuliano
New Board Junior
Italy 

enjoy the silence

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15th, 2004, 12:04pm »

I've two sons and the male is 10.
He is affected a lot when he sees me in this banging manner.Anyway he knows me as laugher.
Be alone when Devil comes.

Giuly
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss