Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 8:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « my 14 year old daughter too »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Children and Cluster's
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   my 14 year old daughter too
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: my 14 year old daughter too  (Read 1944 times)
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

my 14 year old daughter too
« on: Nov 27th, 2005, 3:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

ok im a ch head have been for the better part of 15 years, thats bad enough now my daughter has it as well , shes  currently going thru her second cycle this year shes ben to the gp and a nero and its positive she has it . good thing is i have a very firm control over my ch after years of trying everything under the sun and finally landing here two years ago i found my fix , but its an alternative treatment with lsa using morning glory seeds , she has tried o2 and with little relief , her doctor wants to start her on those wonderful drug cocktails to try to control it ive been thru most of them myself and they are strong and im not comfortable with her having all those drugs put in her only to have it come back ashort time later. im seriously concidering on having her do the alternative , the reason being it has work very well for me ive been cronic for awhile now and after three treatments im 98% pf i take a very small dose when ever shadows start and they go right away. should i do this in my head all i want is to not see my only child suffer as i do it tears my heart out everytime i see her get hit and when she calls me while getting hit its horrible i hate it more than anytrhing else, so what do you all think . ive already talked it oiver with her mom and i told her id sit with her thru the treatments to make sure shes ok. i know this will work but part me feels guilty giving my daughter lsa treatments wich in my opinion is much safer and less damaging than the freaking drug cocktails the drug companies make.
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: my 14 year old daughter too
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27th, 2005, 5:04pm »

I remember you saying about this a while ago that you suspected it and I'm so sorry you have turned out to be right.
Get her a clustermasx. www.clustermasx.com This makes o2 work for people whom it has never worked for. It turned my life around and it aborts every hit for my four year old. I hear you on not filling kids full of drugs.. I won't do it either. I worry greatly about how its going to affect him while he grows but luckily for me all the while O2 works as well as it does (5-7 minutes to abort for me) I don't have to think about it.
I swear by these masks. If I ever had my car stolen with my o2 in it my masx would be what I'd miss most! Stuff the bloody car - that doesn't make the difference to my life the masx does.
Cant recommend it enough, read the clustermasx thread under meds and therapies for more testimonials and good luck. I'm always here if you need to vent, I know how you feel  Cry
As to other therapies, talk to Pink Floyd. You won't get better advice than from him and I would strongly recommend that.
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 2nd, 2005, 12:05am »

Heartbreaking........... Cry

I cannot even come close to imagining a child suffering this pain.  

Just   no words..sorry
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 3:18am »

on Dec 2nd, 2005, 12:05am, TxBasslady wrote:
Heartbreaking........... Cry

I cannot even come close to imagining a child suffering this pain.  

Just   no words..sorry

Me either ... just can't imagine it  Cry Cry Cry
IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
Daddys_Devil

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 11:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

cazman, I am also 14 and I know exactly what you and your daughter are going through. I live with 2 cluster heads and have migrains of my own. I know it was hard for my dad when the doctor wanted to try something that he had no sucsess with. He was afraid that they would give me something that wasn't what he thought would help me the most. Most of the time whatever helped when you were her age or just starting out, would be ok but try whatever feels right to you. She's your daughter not the doctor's. Good luck and let me know how everything turns out. Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss