Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 7:34am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Update of 9 yr. old w/ headaches »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Children and Cluster's
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Update of 9 yr. old w/ headaches
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Update of 9 yr. old w/ headaches  (Read 1548 times)
kvda96
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Update of 9 yr. old w/ headaches
« on: Jul 8th, 2006, 12:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Alright...for those interested I took my daughter to the emergency room the night of the 6th.  She had a terrible headache that was bringing pain throughout her body...I found myself close to tears because I kept on thinking that she is WAY to young to have this much pain.  So anyway we went to the ER and they gave her a shot of Reglan which is an anti-nausea medication which they have found eases the pain of a migraine, and thankfully did a CT scan.  It was pretty stressful but it turned out that everything looked normal.  The next day we went to the Pedi and once again because the CT scan was normal and that for the most part the child's motrin worked to alleviate (for the most part) her pain the pedi said that I should continue to do what I've been doing.  Personally I think I am going to find a different Pedi because I just didn't feel much support from him.  Fortunately though, I have gone over the cluster quiz with my daughter and her answers indicated that although she does have certain yes's and no's that would again indicate cluster's she didn't fit the bill....THANK GOD...So I figure we deal with this one day at a time...sometimes one minute at a time and hope that she will outgrow them at a certain point in time which cannot be too soon for me!!!
IP Logged

KVDA96
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Update of 9 yr. old w/ headaches
« Reply #1 on: Jul 8th, 2006, 1:27pm »

kvda I completely agree, you need a new neuro and you need one now.
I have a friend here who exhibited all the signs of CH however she has now discovered her excruciating headaches have been caused by a pituitary problem.. leave no stone unturned in your searching and you will get there. Sometimes it can be something completely different causing headaches.
I'm so glad the cT scan didn't turn up anything ugly!
Thanks for letting us know
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

noneya
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
Uganda 

Re: Update of 9 yr. old w/ headaches
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16th, 2006, 7:12pm »

It's always heartbreaking to hear of children going through any kind of pain. Kids are suppose to be kids (having fun with friends / playing). Makes me sad to hear about your daughter  Cry

1st thing to be glad about : Clear CT scan

2nd thing to be glad about : Doesn't fit the bill for clusters.

I really hope it's more of a "growing pain" that she will grow out of rather than clusters or something even worse. Keep us all posted on how she's doing and let us know if your new pedi has any positive feedback. Good luck to you and your family.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss