Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 7:45pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Maybe an idea that could help? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Children and Cluster's
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Maybe an idea that could help?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Maybe an idea that could help?  (Read 1222 times)
Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Maybe an idea that could help?
« on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 4:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This whole site just tears my heart out!  Cry
 I've been through reading so many of the posts here and just how many children and teens are suffering with CH.
 Whether we have CH as well or are supporters I'd bet we still can't begin to imagine what these younger ones are going through.
 Quite a while back, on the old boards I talked with several parents with children with CH.
 One thing that seemed to help and I can only encourage this again; is to try to get these kids together through email or any other means so they can share with their peers on a basis they can talk to each other privately.  
Of course parents need to be there for them as well and as much as possible, but getting them new friends in about the same age range ... they can talk to each other in their own age perceptions.
 I remember this working well for a few kids back then, maybe it could help again to get the parents to communicate with each other and in touch with each others children. As our parents didn't understand our generations, I doubt we can as much as well.
 Could make a lot of difference for them to share with each other on their own levels to cope and support one another.
 I hope you consider this, as we as adults can only understand so much of what they are going through.
 Very soon I'll have a new computer set up and will see if I can make available a booklet I wrote up especially for parents with children and teens with CH.
 It covers almost all the areas that can help both parent and child deal with Doctors, Schools, Meds, etc.
 In the meantime, maybe put some thought into this, your child just may find some more outlets for coping and finding new friends who understand at their levels.
 God Bless all of you and your children,
Dave
IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Maybe an idea that could help?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 4:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Good solid ideas Dave.

Maybe something set up with MSN messenger where they can alert eachother when the need to talk is there.

I am sure some of the younger kids are hesitant to type in here with the old folks.

My children will spend hours there on messenger chats with any number of friends involved in talks. However this becomes difficult with the very young but the 10 and over crowd may like it.  

In time a large volume of kids may get involved if a peer moderator were available to keep things going.

edit add: maybe even set up as a time specific service say after school hours from 5-9 for parent comfort and known availability of others. Then have to factor time zone issues.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2006, 4:58am by MJ » IP Logged

MJ
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss