Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 3:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « This forum breaks my heart »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Children and Cluster's
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   This forum breaks my heart
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: This forum breaks my heart  (Read 1393 times)
Lietuvos
New Board Newbie
USA 

AHHH...AAHHHH.. .AAAHHHHHH

This forum breaks my heart
« on: Jan 30th, 2006, 8:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have suffered CH since i was 12 (I'm 35 now). To hear that children as young as 6 suffer, breaks my heart. Unfortanatly, i have no cure....only advice. Do all you can to help your child cope with this demon. It is not your fault...you did nothing to cause this curse. My advice is gather as much info you can and be active in the treatments, be patient and understanding. Read all you can on CH....become an authority. talk to sufferers and suppoeters alike. We are here to help. If I or anyone from this forum finds a cure we will run to you like our pants are on fire.

good luck and i'm sorry for yours and your childs pain.
IP Logged

WHY PUT OFF UNTIL TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN EXPLOIT OTHERS TO DO TODAY
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: This forum breaks my heart
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31st, 2006, 4:00am »

My son is now 4 and has been diagnosed with ch since the age of 3. I know another little girl of five who has had PH since she was 3 years old too. It IS tragic but sadly it's something we have to deal with as positively as we can and teach our kids to fight it.
I am a sufferer too and I can learn alot from my son. He get's hit and once it's over for him - its over. Thats it, finished. He doesn't think about it again until the next one. He doesn't waste time dreading it the way we adults do sometimes. If there is one thing I can carry forward for him as he grows it would be that attitude.
And in the meantime I'll do all I can to help any parent who has a child with CH or PH or thinks their child may have it.
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

damn......no place to park

Re: This forum breaks my heart
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 6:47pm »

i have had chs since i was 13. i am now 29. this was commonly misdiagnosed as toothaches, sinus problems, or stress headaches. i personally would take 5 toothaches over a ch anytime. it is hard to have this condition as a child and try to explain it to an adult. even my doctor didn't know about chs and he has been a doctor for 25 + years. these cycles would come and go every couple of years. i am currently on my 5Th year without a ch. in the past 5 years i have been laid of from a good job, changed careers, got married, bought a house, and my wife had a baby. no chs
IP Logged

that which does not kill you will only make you crazy, obsessive, and sleep deprived
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss