Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:47pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Looking for support myself! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Children and Cluster's
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Looking for support myself!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Looking for support myself!  (Read 1861 times)
Carolyne
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Looking for support myself!
« on: Nov 19th, 2007, 8:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi to all,

I first got in touch with site some 5 years ago which was really helpful - but at the time my daughter was subsequently diagnosed with Ophthalmoplegic Migraine. Since then the episodes have become more consistent with CH - she has had 4 attacks over the last 2 years - always in March and October.

Due to the intense pain she suffers we have been using morphine during the acute stage but following a recent admission to hospital her neurologist has put her on a different NSAID - this seems to be effective but obviously takes 20mins to have affect if a "fresh" headache suddenly comes on.

At the onset of her latest attack she was suicidal and I was terrified for her safety, we saw a different neurologist who said that everything was consistent with CH and they believe that she has CH on top of the ophthalmoplegic migraine.

She came home from hospital 4 weeks ago but had not yet managed to attend school full time and again this morning I received a call to say could I collect her.

I feel as though we have got medication and support for her reasonably under control - but I am at the end of my tether with the worry and concern as to how this will impact on her life long term as she is now also suffering with depression.

I'm trying really hard to do all the right things to care for her, but I am also having to deal with my two other childrens anxiety from having witnessing her when she reached rock bottom.  

I would really like to to talk to another mum who is supporting a child who not only understands the complete feeling of hopelessness that you cannot take this pain away from your child,  but also the effect it has on the whole family.  

Carolyne

IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Looking for support myself!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19th, 2007, 10:12am »

on Nov 19th, 2007, 8:56am, Carolyne wrote:
Hi to all,
I would really like to to talk to another mum who is supporting a child who not only understands the complete feeling of hopelessness that you cannot take this pain away from your child,  but also the effect it has on the whole family.  

Carolyne

That would be me Carolyne.. I'm Helen and I have a son who has CH, he's 6 now and was diagnosed at the age of 3. If you check your pm's (top right) I'm sending you my phone number - feel free to call anytime. Sometimes thats a whole lot easier than trying to sit and type it out on here isn't it?  

I'll help in any way I can I promise

(((HUGS)))

Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

cash5542
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cash5542

« Reply #2 on: Nov 19th, 2007, 8:28pm »

I am a mom of a 22 yr old daughter who has CH. I'm not sure how old your daughter is but Lisa (my daughter ) and I would love to help if we could. I am also a teacher and can empathize the school issues as well. Lisa has been hospitalized several times last year and it sounds like we have had similar circumstances. PM me or write back. I hope I can help!

Charlotte
IP Logged
outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

damn......no place to park

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22nd, 2008, 3:43am »

i know this is an old post but i feel i need to post a reply. i have been a episodic sufferer since i was 10. since back then we didn't have the internet let alone this board we were desperate and clueless. my mother has always held a good pokerface when my head is on fire. my wife doesn' do so well but she tries.  i don't believe that those heavy painkillers are the answer. that is alot of drugs for a young person. i have been doing well with o2 and a few herbs and change of diet.  feel free to send me a message if there is anything i can do to help, or if your having a rough time coping.
IP Logged

that which does not kill you will only make you crazy, obsessive, and sleep deprived
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss