Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2024, 6:18pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new to site, couple ?'s »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   new to site, couple ?'s
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new to site, couple ?'s  (Read 4947 times)
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Re: new to site, couple ?'s
« Reply #100 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 12:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 1st, 2006, 4:42am, Pinkfloyd wrote:
Whatever you people do, please don't suggest the clusterbuster's treatment to the car man.

LMAO BobW...That dude is seeing enough colors....LOL

IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #101 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 4:53pm »

on Jan 1st, 2006, 12:36pm, Jonny wrote:

LMAO BobW...That dude is seeing enough colors....LOL

... and some imaginary friends Wink
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
crausman
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #102 on: Sep 1st, 2006, 4:49pm »

For Tom, Sean and all other well-read CHs:

I am new to this, and my question is:  can I have a root canal done without making CH worse?  It is a needed root canal in the tooth that seems to have brought all this on, but my dentist referred me to an endodontist, who said to go see a neuro.  Wow, imagine a dentist and endodontist too "scared" to treat me!

When this tooth started to go (about 3 months ago), the CHs came.  This is all too much of a coincidence for me, since it is that tooth that is also felt during the headache, especially at the end.  From my reading, it is quite possible that having a root canal will alleviate the pain (see the last line in the Wikipedia article on cluster headaches).

The CHs started out really vicious and got a lot better when I stopped my nightly beer drinking.  Now I can stop them by chugging quickly a double-strength coffee.

I am a 50-year-old female, 3 years past menopause.  I have bad gum disease, so I have no idea what will happen as each tooth goes bad.

I have read about a lot of you going to doctors, trying various and sundry drugs and other therapies.  It sounds like a lot of hit-and-miss that I cannot afford.  It's hard enough, even with insurance, affording the dental work as it's needed.

Actually, I strongly suspect that having this needed root canal done would alleviate my CHs, but I, like my endodontist (who doesn't know much about CH), am also scared it might make them worse!

What do you think?

Thanks
Candi
IP Logged

'Scuse me for dreamin' !!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss