Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 6:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « How much time in advance...? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   How much time in advance...?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How much time in advance...?  (Read 624 times)
Chonas
New Board Junior
Argentina 

Can I buy you a drink?

How much time in advance...?
« on: Jan 14th, 2006, 5:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

First of all I guess I'm a little crazy, but I also think I'm able to predict one month or more, in advance, when a new CH cycle is about to begin.  
During the last 5 years or so, somehow I clearly began to notice that one month or so, before the beast would install into my head, I was pretty much altered, in what way?. The best way for me to describe it  is 'accelerated', things that I normally do or think in what I would call 'a normal way', would happen to me extremely fast, my conversations, my thinking, my decisions, extremes changes in my temper or humor, and of course an incremental lack of sleep, it is like I'm so accelerated that I can't sleep. Now, I have also noticed (remember I began this post  assuming that I'm a little crazy) that even when I'm absolutely PF, let's say 4 months with 0(cero) pain, and sleeping pretty well, somehow CH (I can't explain how...) is still there... attacking back again but with only nanosecons of pain or trying to, so  I say to myself that even in remission I'm always goofing around with the beast.
Have you noticed or experienced anything like these?  twocents

IP Logged

Here we go again...
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

Re: How much time in advance...?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 7:45pm »

Hi,

I've heard of some experiencing similar feelings prior to a cycle.  I can't say it's ever happened to me, though.  Each and every cycle seems to take me totally by surprise.  My cycles are pretty far apart, however (3-5 years).  I wish I could predict them - I'd start preventatives before the first twinge really hit.

Maybe, you could use these feelings to your advantage?

Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 9:46pm »

Chonas

Yes I can usually predict a few weeks ahead of time that a new cycle will begin much the same as you. Performance levels go sky high, Sleep patterns are greatly altered, unexplainable feelings in my head occur, temperament changes, etc..  
There is also an overwhelming feeling of darkness, for lack of a better word, some unknown chemical response at times in the brain parts associated with CH. Not really a bad thing but a definate precursor to CH. Maybe I am crazy too. But I like it.

After a cycle CH never really leaves either. Its not there in the traditional sense. But I get frequent silent attacks with all the CH signs but no pain at all.  
I also get the bullet or BAM attacks, the kind that last for barely a second then gone, for a long time after a cycle (a totally condensed CH) these leave me white as a ghost and wondering what the hell just happened.

My sleep patterns return to normal and seldom do I notice any night issues. I just ignore the hell out of CH stuff and cant wait to do that some more.
IP Logged

MJ
gobby
New Board Junior
USA 

I wish I had Migrains instead!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 10:53pm »

I've alose had the BAM hits in between cycles, but for some reason I never put two and two together until right now.  I'm not sure if they presict a cycle for me, but I plan on paying a little more attention to them in the future. Lips Sealed
IP Logged

Things that don't kill us only make us wish we were dead.
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 11:08pm »

Hey all,
 Many years ago the beast was a bit more irregular.
Now in the 27th year looking back and reviewing old records. I can see a marked pattern in the last ten years around the winter solstice. A month or two before I would have the described sleep problems, symtoms of depression, and increasing shadows. If this makes you crazy then I'm whacked.  hammerTry to keep a diary (if you dont already) and it wil help you identify these anomolies. curtain
All the best
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss