Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 7:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « kip8 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   kip8
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: kip8  (Read 552 times)
agonymum
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

kip8
« on: Jan 17th, 2006, 6:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

pleesestlk to me goinn up
IP Logged
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

Re: kip8
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 7:03am »

hug

hang in there... wish there was something i could do to relieve your pain  Cry

will happily chat with you if that helps  Undecided

Kate
IP Logged
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 7:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Embarassed
IP Logged
agonymum
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 8:15am »

so sorry for the above post , i was really desperate .
i think it was a 10 in the end , i feel shattered , luckily my mother called round and just sat with me till it had gone . i thought i was definately dying .
i am going to the doctors later , to explain that i have been on here and figured out what it is , i hope she is understanding and can give me something . i only have my lovely hot water bottle , but it went nowhere near this one , i think thats what frightened me too.

thanks for listening xxx
IP Logged
Phil the Desert Rat
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 8:38am »

So sorry you're suffering with this too...there is so much good info and people on here to help prepare you for your doctor visit, and I wish you success in this.  I find that a cold towel helps me survive the bad ones better than heat...works on the shadows, too...I used heat for the first few, thinking it was sinus (misdiagnosis)...but a cold towel definitely works better for me.  You'll get through this...my best hopes for you!

--Phil
IP Logged
agonymum
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #5 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 2:16pm »

thankyou for your support ,

i have just returned from the doctors and explained everything to her AGAIN , but with the added info from here , (i took a list of possible drugs , both abortive and preventative ) .
she said i couldnt have any of those drugs because i am bi-polar , and they all affect the serotonin levels in the brain .
i was gutted , i asked for a private referral again to see a neuro , and am hoping they will have some answers for me about the whole sorry mess .
also said that , the neuro would be the person to talk to about oxygen  and that it was very rarely perscribed as it was pretty dangerous . overall , she made me feel like a fraud .
she also said that it may not be clusters because i am experiencing them everyday and that is not the norm , so it could be migraine instead , id given up by them and said nothing .
she has perscribed some betablockers (propranonal ) , i doubt they will do anything .
anyone else had these problems , ? i know its a long shot but if there is anyone reading this who has bi-polar and clusters ?? how do you manage ?? and what meds can you take ?

thanks again for reading  
with love xxx
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 2:37pm »

Please please please call the ouch uk helpline.
There are other CH sufferer's there who can help you. I don't know enough to help you so I'm going to give you the best advice I can and get you there.
The number is 0161 2721702  
Please call, I'll be thinking of you
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

agonymum
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #7 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 2:54pm »

thanks helen , i will call them ...xx
IP Logged
pubgirl
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

The next person who calls it a migraine eats teeth

« Reply #8 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 3:33pm »

Hi there

I'm sorry you are in so much trouble and getting so little help from your GP.

I hope you have called the Helpline as there are rather a lot of things to ask you and even more things to tell you as your GP is talking rubbish and we can help you get the right treatment for whichever type of headache condition you have.

It would get a bit long winded to do it all on here and it is better talking to a real person on the 'phone who is a knowledgeable sufferer themselves and can go through it all with you.

Wendy

if you want to do a bit more reading of UK specific stuff you can also go to www.clusterheadaches.org.uk. There are a lot of links at the top to treatments available and also a link through to the Main Site menu where you will find more information
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2006, 3:35pm by pubgirl » IP Logged

Calling all Brits (and anyone else- all welcome) Join OUCH UK and help us fight CH together
joke ten dam
New Board Junior
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 4:23pm »

hang in there and if you nead someone to chat to when others are in bed I am then maby available becaise I live in the netherlands. You can find me on yahoo messenger. under the name of poldertocht
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 5:06pm »

I have schizophrenia and take antidepressents (cymbalta currently) but have been on elavil(amitriptaline), effexor, celexa, and wellbutrin.  As far as antiphycotics go I have been on abilify, seroquel(on both currently), geodon.  And lithium for ch.  I take up to 4 20mg nasal spray of imitrex a day as needed in the past.  I haven't needed imitrex so much the last couple of years because I found something to prevent my ch from occuring.  I still use it for migraines as needed.
I have tried and taken all the triptans over time and prefer imitrex.  I would find a knowledgable neurologist and get some meds.  Your mental health should not be preventing you from taking the ch meds.  Talk to a pharmacist also if you don't believe me that it is ok.  Good luck!
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
agonymum
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #11 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 6:09pm »

i do believe you karla why wouldnt i ?  
, thankyou so much for letting me know that and the meds you have been on past and present.
at the moment im on 1000mg depakote (sodium valproate) and 30mg citalopram, daily .(previously effexor)  
i was on lithium for a 4 year stretch , but it didnt suit me too well and i decided to come off it .(to my peril)
i dont have any anti-psychotics at the mo , so thats a plus , i guess but have been on halopiridol in the past .

its made me so happy to learn that you are able to take the imitrex nasel spray , as i was really hoping to try that , and i will push for it at my neuro apt .
also interesting to note that you had lithium perscribed for your ch, i could maybe have that introduced to my stablizing meds .

thanks again karla,and good luck with everything .....xxx

( i really think my doctor is a joke now and it shouldnt be allowed !)

IP Logged
Phil the Desert Rat
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 6:49pm »

Are you taking SRI (seratonin reuptake inhibitor) meds for your bipolar?  Seratonin is a more active agent in chronic depression, but has only a minor role in bipolar...though many people are still treated for bipolar with SRI drugs.  Meds that control GABA (brain neurotransmitter) are much better at evening out bipolar swings in many people.  Ask your doctor about Lamictal in conjunction with Gabitril...both have worked wonders for me.  Paxil (an evil SRI) nearly drove me insane, and did nothing for the bipolar swings.

I mention all of this because most CH meds are compatible with GABA meds as used in treating bipolar.  In fact (and ironic...), the two drugs I mention are also used to some success in treating other types of chronic headache pain (sadly, no efficacy with CHs).

If you're anything like me, you will probably be devoting much of your upcoming days in reading up on CHs and treatment regimens.  But when you have time, read up on the ineffectiveness of SRIs in treating bipolar...in fact, it can be downright dangerous.  There are more effective bipolar meds out there that are safe to take with CH meds (verapamil, imitrex, ergotamine, etc.).  In any event, I wish you luck.  Let me know what you find.

--Phil
IP Logged
FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 7:03pm »

OK.  Before we go on, if your GP said that you may not have CH because you get headaches everyday, obviously the GP doesn't understand CH.

However, it is possible that your GP might have seen something else that he/she didn't explain well.  

You need either a new Dr or to talk to your Dr again.  I am not sure how O2 is dangerous either.  It is possible that there is a lot more going on here that we can not understand.  

I wish I could be more help.  Please use the contact info above.  They should be more help.
IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
agonymum
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #14 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 11:52pm »

phil , hi - and  thanks,

yes citalopram is an ssri, i do suffer with depressive side of bipolar more chronically than the manic and some trycyclics have induced mania in the past

i am more than willing to try a new trycylic though and also very interested in lamactil as a mood stablizer with anti-depressant properties . lamactil is from what i can gather a GABA stablizer.
however , so is depakote , my current stabilizer so ?

its all so complicated eh, but will be sure to get the right combination sometime soon , i have appointment with psychiatrist also to discuss all this , on 24th --so ill keep updating .
IP Logged
Phil the Desert Rat
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 12:39am »

Please do keep me posted.  I sure wish you the best in dealing with your psych and doctor, and I hope they'll be able to come up with a combo that works for you.

I deal with the depressive side of bipolar as well.  Tried Depakote 3 years ago, but had no affect on me.  The Lamictal and Gabitril have worked wonders...no depressive collapse in a year now, as opposed to 4 times a year in the past.  Even through the headaches, I managed to not "fall off the edge."

Again, I wish you all the best, and keep me posted!  You'll find a way through this.

--Phil
IP Logged
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 1:15pm »

Make sure you speak with the OUCH UK folks about your difficulty in getting an oxygen script . . .  they might be able to offer some suggestions/shortcuts.

The dangers of 02 are discussed on the "oxygen info" link to the left.  Mainly, you don't smoke while using 02 . . . your clothes can absorb the 02 and ignite . . . . so wait a few minutes before lighting up.  Common sense . . . like not smoking while you fill your gas tank.  DO NOT USE THE STRAP ON THE MASK!  When you get the hang of using it, you can be wakened by the beast, hit the 02, lay back down a fall asleep . . . . if you do this with a non-rebreather mask, you will awake strangling (when the tank runs out) or stand the possibility of breathing an entire tank of 02 at high volumn . . . which could be dangerous (I don't recall posts documenting side effects of this, but I'm sure there must be some).  If you just hold the mask in place and fall asleep, it will fall away and you'll just wake with an empty tank.

GET IT!  USE IT!  YOU'LL LIKE IT!

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #17 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 1:19pm »

agonymum,

this is the place to vent whenever ch is giving you the hard time. I'm glad your wrote! Smiley I hope you're feeling better. Smiley

Wishing you PF time,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss