Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 9:12am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Chronic Cluster--recent article »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Chronic Cluster--recent article
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Chronic Cluster--recent article  (Read 488 times)
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Chronic Cluster--recent article
« on: Jan 18th, 2006, 9:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

J Headache Pain. 2005 Feb;6(1):3-9.  

Chronic cluster headache: a review.

Favier I, Haan J, Ferrari MD.

Department of Neurology, K5-Q Leiden University Medical Centre, 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands.

Cluster headache (CH) is a rare but severe headache disorder characterised by repeated unilateral head pain attacks accompanied by ipsilateral autonomic features. In episodic CH, there are periods of headache attacks with pain-free intervals of weeks, months or years in between. A minority of patients have the chronic form, without pain-free intervals between the headache attacks. Chronic CH can occur as primary or secondary chronic CH; the rarest form is episodic CH arising from chronic CH. In this article, we give a review of the chronic forms of CH and focus on demographics, clinical manifestations, social habits, predictive factors, head injury, genetics, neuroimaging and therapy. It is remarkable that little is known about risk factors that make CH chronic.

PMID: 16362185
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

Re: Chronic Cluster--recent article
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 9:38am »

Whether episodic or chronic, we Ch'ers are certainly in the minority.

One day...I hope and pray to read one of these articles and find that they've found a cure for this madness.

I hate what CH has done to our lives and our families.   My situation with CH is not near as bad as others here, but nevertheless it's a shitty hand we've been dealt.

You would think that these docs and researchers would get on the ball......find a cure, and quit talking about how rare it is.  I would think CH would be a challenge for the professionals....surely one...just one of them would love to be a hero....and find a cure.

Thanks for the info, Bob

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 10:39am »

Thanks for sharing the article! Smiley

Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 2:34pm »

What's episodic CH arising from chronic CH? Is that what we call the "high" cycles in chronics?  

I'm READY for a CURE Jean! Since Oct of 97, I've been a poster child for chronics and I'd like to get off the damn poster! And I really think my neuro would love to see me get cured.  

Maybe someday, some doctor will decide to be a "hero" and find a cause and then a cure.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

ScottEinDC
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 2:50pm »

As badly as I want a cure for these devils, I want more discussion about it in the open....migraines suck too, but let's see some commercials for CHs.  I'd like to once say what's wrong to someone who asks and have them know what we all go through!
IP Logged
joke ten dam
New Board Junior
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 6:00pm »

Cheesy Roll Eyes Dr J Haan happens to be mij neurokogist. He told me that the cure for CH will come by accident , just as the medication did. That is why it is importent to mention if a certain medication you take for an other ailment works for your CH. I think that episodic CH arrising from cronic meens what a very few of us experience: Becomming episodic having been cronic first.
I am cronic and ocasionaly am nearly two weeks painfree. When I askt Dr Haan if I might be becomming episodick he said dont put your hopes up that very rearly happens. He is als actively involved with all sorts of headackes via a chat site started bij the neurological department.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss