Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 8:44am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « what dosage imitrax injection and nose  spray »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   what dosage imitrax injection and nose  spray
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: what dosage imitrax injection and nose  spray  (Read 449 times)
joke ten dam
New Board Junior
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

what dosage imitrax injection and nose  spray
« on: Jan 17th, 2006, 4:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Huh has annyone experienced cluster and shingels? Why I ask is because that is what I am going through at the moment. I have less resistance fore my CH at the moment and am using imitrax more often and have started to use imitrax nose spray for the smaler attacks.
 What I would actually like to knowis: When using inmitrax injection and nose spray what are then the dosages.

IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: what dosage imitrax injection and nose  spray
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 5:14pm »

I know you are not to exceed 80mg of ns a day in any combo on 10mg and 20mg nasal spray.

You are not supose to have more than 2 stat dose injections in 24 hours.  

You are not supose to mix injections with nasal spray within 24 hours of eachother.

I hope you find the relief you are searching for.  My Grandmother had shingles and so did my Pastor.  I hear it is very very painful.  You will be in my prayers.
Good luck!
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2006, 5:15pm by Karla » IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
maffumatt

Email

Re: what dosage imitrax injection and nose  s
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 8:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ask your Dr to perscribe the vials instead of the statdose pen. They come in a box of five, each with 6 ml. Buy the insulin needles, less waste. Alot of people here fing relief at 2 or 3 ml shots. I personaly do well on 2ml. This allowys you to slit your doses, from 1 dose to 3 per vial. It also allows you to take more doses per day and still stay within the 12ml limit suggested. The statdose pen comes with four 6ml doses, there is a link to a tip on how to split them on your left, but like I said you get an extra 6ml vial per perscription if you use the vial.
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 8:09pm »

Do not mix injections and NS.

You could try splitting your injections or get vials as Matt suggested.

Neurontin is used for shingles and may have a bit of an upside for treatment of you clusters.

Good luck my friend and wishing you relief all around!!!

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
joke ten dam
New Board Junior
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 8:14pm »

I like your quote??????????
I hope life isn't a big joke because i just don't get it.........  because my unfotunate name is Joke. No joke just a Dutch name. I allready use 1/2 dosage imigran which I prepaire beforehand. In the Netherlands you can only get the injector pen with the origenal 6mg.
IP Logged
CrazyDog
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 10:37pm »

For me, outbreaks of herpesvirus 2 have been extremely accurate in predicting the start of a CH cycle.  

So it would be no surprise to me if there was a relationship between herpesvirus 3 and CH.  

In fact I have often wondered if there was some correlation between CH and the herpes virus family.  

After all roughly 80% of the population has one form or the other and headache is a common characteristic of the virus so perhaps a connection can be made.  

Now you really got me curious. And I work with several epidemiologists and the CDC so maybe its time that I ask the doctors on staff what they think.
IP Logged

WaltD
http://www.waltdavis.net/crazydog-ch-profile.pdf
Phil the Desert Rat
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 7:22pm »

Interesting, Walt...

Mine CH began at the height of a HSV2 outbreak, and is ending with one.  I was wondering this same thing.  Glad you said something.
IP Logged
CrazyDog
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 11:04pm »

I have also noticed that HSV2 outbreak may also signal the end of cycle but as you can imagine it tends to be the beginning of a cycle that get etched into your mind the most.

Yes, it is very fascinating!

So anybody else notice that they tend to get cold sores in there mouth, on or around their lips, or under their tongue before or after a cycle?
IP Logged

WaltD
http://www.waltdavis.net/crazydog-ch-profile.pdf
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss