Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 4:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « question please ? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   question please ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: question please ?  (Read 309 times)
agonymum
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

question please ?
« on: Jan 28th, 2006, 4:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hiya ,

ive been in cycle since september and think its finally tailoring off .
i have a ct scan and neurology apt next week , its taken nearly 6 months to get somewhere with this .

question is , as the cycle is wearing down will this make a difference to anything that might have shown up when i was in full peak ?

also , how can i be sure what to ask for from the neuro , if its nearing its end anyway ?  
im worried about being perscribed stuff i dont need when its going anyway as im full of enough drugs as it is for the bipolar .
im not sure what to say at all .
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

I do not think
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28th, 2006, 5:12am »

Nothing to do with CH will show up on a CT, so it doesn't matter whether or not you are in cycle.  A CT scan is just to make sure that nothing else is going on Lord forbid.  I'm sure other will chime in if I am all wet.  It took me two years to get in and see a neuro once i was diagnosed and then only at the end of a cycle.  At that time, she just told me she would put me at the front of the line when my next cycle started at which time she put me on Verapamil.  I'm sure others will have lots else to offer.  You defiinitely want to get a script for O2 right out of the gate for your next bout.

I hioe you are right about your cycle ending.  Good luck!

Rich
rich
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
chewy

Email

cRe: question please ?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28th, 2006, 8:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The CT scan is not given to detect cluster symptoms or triggers. It is is given to detect other possible causes for headache so it shouldn't matter when you get it.
IP Logged
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

Re: question please ?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28th, 2006, 8:04am »

Agree with both..won't matter in cycle or out, although we tend to be more convincing when we are being hit with an 8+Shocked  Do get O2...and hang in there
PFDAN
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: question please ?
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28th, 2006, 8:10am »

If you use a preventive med, such as Verapamil (you will have to get the brand name for your country), it will not conflict with the standard meds for bipolar.

Clearly, any doc you work with must know your full medical history so that such drug interactions can be avoided.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss