Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 5:34am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « fevers and cluster headache »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   fevers and cluster headache
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: fevers and cluster headache  (Read 517 times)
wuffy110
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

fevers and cluster headache
« on: Feb 19th, 2006, 8:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

We were wondering...have any of you ever ran a high fever before your clusters started?  Or had scarlet fever when you were young?  My husband had a high fever 10 yrs. ago and then his first bout of clusters started.  They went into remission about 4 yrs. after that.  Last year he had another high fever with the flu and a month or so after that, the clusters started again.  
Thanks.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

Re: fevers and cluster headache
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19th, 2006, 8:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

No actually I've never had a fever before my CH's began.  

Sorry to hear of your husbands CH's.  It could be that the illness he suffers from is a possible trigger for the episodes.

Take care,
mel
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19th, 2006, 10:43pm »

No fevers for me either.  However the flu or a cold will make my cluster headaches much more intense and frequent.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19th, 2006, 11:07pm »

Same here, no relationship between fevers and my episodes.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20th, 2006, 4:24am »

Hi Wuffy.  
I had scarlet fever when I was a child but only started with CH later in my life.  I did have a big fever due to a wound that didn't heal last year and my CH was remarkably intense but I don't think that fever in itself causes CH.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

« Reply #5 on: Feb 20th, 2006, 5:44am »

Hi there, sorry to hear you husband is a sufferer  Undecided

I've not had scarlet fever, have had a few fevers tho' but none that I can think of that have corresponded with a cycle.  Have a cycle on the way now and no sign of fever.

Wish you both all the best and hope you're hubby's got good meds that work for him.

Kate
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Feb 20th, 2006, 6:46am »

Hi Wuffy

I used to get concerned that every time I had a bad cold CH might follow.
Have sustained a few major injuries in my life as well and I have had major fever issues a few times as well as nasty bug (spider) and snake bites.

As I have read through threads here over time, have seen frequent mention of colds and such making things worse. Also many mentions of head and neck injuries being traced as the instigator of CH.

Maybe something like that could indeed cause an overstimulation of our bodies healing/pain mechanisms thus CH.

Just a thought with no facts behind it.
IP Logged

MJ
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 20th, 2006, 8:49am »

I never had scarlet fever, nor has any fever bout triggered a cycle for me, that I can remember.
IP Logged
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #8 on: Feb 20th, 2006, 10:58am »

Oddly enough, in December , while in cycle,I had the flu and ran a 103-104 fever for 3 days.  Those were the only pain free days I have had since March of 2005.  Hmmm.  Nope never had scarlet fever, but sinus infections/colds do sometimes correspond with cycle-could just be the season though.
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #9 on: Feb 20th, 2006, 12:09pm »

Wuffy,

welcome aboard! I'm so sorry to hear that your husband has ch, but I'm glad that you've found your way here. Smiley

Now to your questions. I've had ch since 2001. I've had fever few times in my life, but not prior to ch.

Best wishes,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 20th, 2006, 9:38pm »

Hi Wuffy

First, I want to thank you for being a supporter. Without a supporter, a good number of us would never have survived. You have a difficult and frustrating job, since there is so little you can do except to "be there".  
Believe it or not, that is enough.

About the question. I am chronic, and have been all my life. (will be 43 in a couple weeks) While, like all kids, I had fevers growing up, but none terribly serious. I don't believe any fever caused me to be chronic CH all my life. I wont flat out deny it, but I would need some proof before I would believe it.  

Dragn
IP Logged

wuffy110
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Feb 23rd, 2006, 8:01pm »

Thanks Ya'll for replying to our question.  Just trying to grab at ideas.  Must be coincidence, with the fevers.  Hoping to find something.  My husband had CH  before, I think I already mentioned that.  Now they're back.  Going on 7-8 months now.  The first time we were freaked out.  The word CLUSTER was taboo in our home for years.  When they came back, we found this sight.  I read over it by myself one day, read some of the stories of others and their suffering, and I just sat here at my computer and cried.  And to watch him suffer, and I can do nothing to help but maybe, if he can be touched, hold his hand or fix coffee or something.  Right now, The neurologist speaks of surg. but from the research we've done, NO WAY! and from what we've read from some of you on this site, NO WAY!
He's tried just about every med out there, the first time around.  Now, we're just doing pain meds.  I know some people disagree with that, so I've read, but at the time the CH comes on, don't really care about much but getting rid of the pain.  The only thing I can compare it to is having children, naturally.  If I had to do that 5-10 times a day, that would drive me crazy.  My heart goes out to everyone with CH and the families.  Last time around, when they went away, I prayed and told God, "I know you don't give us more than we can handle, and Lord I'm there."  They went away.  We have faith and believe.  Thanks for your responses again and God Bless!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss