Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 5:33am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sounds like so many of us have had wierd cycles »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sounds like so many of us have had wierd cycles
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sounds like so many of us have had wierd cycles  (Read 271 times)
karrie35
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sounds like so many of us have had wierd cycles
« on: Feb 24th, 2006, 5:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Seems as if the majority of the board has reported cycles that are weeks longer than the "normal" pattern for the individual.....Personally I am into week 8 when I have never gone past 6.......what's up?

Karrie
IP Logged
troy

Email

Re: Sounds like so many of us have had wierd cycle
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 6:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I feel your pain I normally go about eight weeks but now I'm well into the fourth month, starting to panic a little, concerned about going chronic. Doc is trying new cocktail  now procardia and toridol I take the procardia 10mg three times a day and the toridol once daily. This worked for my brother back in 93, he had cluster headaches for about six yrs cycles every other yr I'm happy to report he is now in yr 13 of remission.
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 7:20pm »

Have had cycles last from 4 months to three years.

Thats normal.

Its worth checking to see if your meds may be extending the cycle for you. Happens sometimes.
IP Logged

MJ
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 9:31pm »

while i am chronic, I still have high cycles, which seem to have started earlier than normal. Many people have noted that weather patterns can effect these things. I have not noted it myself, but I can say the weather across the US has been off kilter for the last couple of years, with this year being as strange as any recorded.  

Other than that, I have no guesses as to what may be causing the changes.  

Dragn
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 26th, 2006, 4:01pm »

I've said for years that the barometer is my trigger and I agree that the weather has been crazy for the past few years and so has my head. I'm in a high cycle right now and usually don't have this till later, but started early this year. I've about enjoyed as much of this as I can stand for one period. (I'm chronic, but enough is enough already!).  

When I was episodic my episodes lasted about two months. Now my high cycles usually last about that long then I get a repreive for a little while and then we get back to some serious business.  

They don't make a bit of sense!

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

wing_nut
New Board Newbie
USA 

Dude, this sucks

« Reply #5 on: Feb 27th, 2006, 10:33am »

I'm right there with you. Mine usually last about 6 weeks every 2 years or so. This time around there was only a 6 month break and I'm in week 9.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss