Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 12:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Triggers/ Anti-depressants »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Triggers/ Anti-depressants
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Triggers/ Anti-depressants  (Read 248 times)
salena27
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Triggers/ Anti-depressants
« on: Mar 1st, 2006, 10:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone,

I have a couple questions again , if you can and have time please help....

quick info & history;  
27 WF , clusters since puberty, my father also suffers w/ the curse ,I am lucky in sense that I only suffer w/ clusters every 3-4 yrs generally in the early part of the year.  

on to the questions; I started having signs of a new cycle a couple of weeks ago , though it is not time for them, never ever before could I trigger a attack .......when it is time nothing up to this point has been able to stop it, when the cycle finishes they are finished ....

For about 2 mths I have been on Lexapro , and after being on it for 3 wks I began to have dull pain through my "cluster path" , reminding me of the"beast" ....more annoying than painful. Now , as advised by my doc I have increased the lexapro to 20 mgs and I am feeling it alittle more each day. So I am guessing that the med is the cause.

Since I havent had triggers before is it possible that the lexapro is the cause for the slight pain? If so can it bring on the clusters full force?  

Also is this common , it seems like someone on the board mentioned anti-depressant actually stopping thier clusters.

thanks a lot Smiley
Salena
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Triggers/ Anti-depressants
« Reply #1 on: Mar 1st, 2006, 10:58pm »

I have been on a boat load of antidepressants over the years and it hasn't effected my ch at all.  Yes, elavil has shown promise with preventing ch from occuring.  If I remember the literature that comes with antidepressants a ha as a listed side effect.  I could be wrong.  So maybe it is just a normal ha being triggered and not ch?  However, we are all made differently and maybe it is triggering for you.  I doubt it but your body may react differently.  Time will tell.  Best of luck to you in fighting the beast.  
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2006, 10:59pm by Karla » IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Triggers/ Anti-depressants
« Reply #2 on: Mar 2nd, 2006, 6:07am »

Share this article with your doc and ask for a review of your treatment options.

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss