Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 11:47am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Almost ten thousand »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Almost ten thousand
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Almost ten thousand  (Read 367 times)
danimal
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Almost ten thousand
« on: Mar 11th, 2006, 6:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I can't believe there are almost ten thousand members on this website.I feel so bad for all of you who are fightin' the monster as we speak.I send my best hang in there.Been awhile since I've been on.So busy with work,school 1and half yr old etc...Saw the Nuero the other day suggested taking me off Depakote and trying Lithium instead since still having mild episodes for a few days every couple of months.Still seems to be kicked off by having sex with the wife.Dont want to give that up but almost worth it to not have to deal with these sons a bithches.Anyone out there taking Litium?Just the idea scares the shit out of me.Thanx a million take care.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

Re: Almost ten thousand
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11th, 2006, 7:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Type in "lithium" into the search function on this site and you'll find probably hundreds of posts about it.

Sorry to hear the beast is banging on your door, but there are always people, in and out of cycle (I'm a current outie Grin), here you can lean on.

I've been on Depakote myself, and it seems by consensus, people have had better luck with the lithium. Undecided

Good luck and take care,
mel
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 11th, 2006, 8:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Dont worry about it. The Rx dosage for CH is far below the Rx dosage for psyche. issues.
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11th, 2006, 11:40am »

I took lithium for 2 years and it was wonderful!  I felt great on it.  I took 900mg/day which as chewy said is a lot lower dose than what they use for phyc purposes.  As my dr said "it is an old drug and has been around a long time.  We know how to deal with it and watch for signs of trouble."
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #4 on: Mar 11th, 2006, 12:14pm »

Hey Brother,

I know how you feel everytime I have sex with my wife I feel like I am playing russian roulet.   I have not had good results with Lithium and I have heard mixed results on how it makes you feel.  I have heard some people feel kinda borderline comatos. I didnt feel that but it diddnt do anything for my clusters.  It a crap shoot give it a shot and you can always stop it and go back if it doesnt help you.

Welcome back!

Your Brother in Pain

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 11th, 2006, 12:17pm »

Lithium is my primary when I'm on cycle. 1200 mg a day, I'm male, 46, weigh about 190. It has no negative effects on the old love life.  Grin After the first two weeks I don't even notice I'm on it. For the first two weeks you drink a lot of coffee to overcome the lethargy you'll feel. And my goodness you go pee a lot!!!!! I'm a big time proponent of it. Hope it helps you out,

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 11th, 2006, 7:55pm »

Lithium is one of many "cross-over" drugs used to treat clusters.  Who would have ever thought that a cardiac and blood pressure med like Verapamil would ever help clusterheads - but it does.

Many here have had success with it.  I vote you give it a try.  It certainly won't hurt - and it definitely might help.  If it doesn't, well, it's one more you can cross off your list.

PF wishes,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss