Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 7:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Lingering Headaches »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Lingering Headaches
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lingering Headaches  (Read 494 times)
uncleIroh
New Board Newbie
USA 

Yip Yip

Lingering Headaches
« on: Jan 20th, 2008, 3:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been recently been diagnosed  with Ch, at that time I was having headaches twice a day. After starting on Verapamil I was pain free for about a week. Two days ago I forgot to take my morning dose and since then my headaches have returned but they seem different. They have gone from intense pain that last for an hour or so and then I feel drained but no lingering pain to less severe pain for a short while and then it just seems to linger all day long with no real end. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a side effect of the drug? Rebound headache? Am I just crazy? Thanks  Huh
IP Logged
wink
New Board Newbie
USA 

;)

Re: Lingering Headaches
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 6:03am »

I get this too. If I don't abort, the HA slowly tapers down over the course of a couple hours and then lingers at a medium or low level for 4-6 hours. If I do abort, it merely reduces the HA to a low level which lingers for as long as the HA would have lasted anyways. Usually I'm OK after 6-8 hours, but I've been hit for 40 hours before (though I suppose that could have been several shorter ones back-to-back-to-back).

I'm envious of the people who get mere 40 minute HAs, but the upside (for me anyways) is that the longer ones are generally lower intensity.
IP Logged
uncleIroh
New Board Newbie
USA 

Yip Yip

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 11:27am »

Thanks to all who have replied to  this post!  

The shadows lasted for close to a week and then this morning "It" came knocking on my door. My question for allof you is, is this normal? Do the drugs work for a while and then wham "It" is back?  

I also used Migranal for the first time this morning, didn't even touch "It".   Sad
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 11:41am »

It sounds like shadows, Are you still taking the verap? At what dose? It might be time for an increase possibly - we'll try to help!
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Stinger
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 2:01pm »

I seem to get shadows at different times between headaches, some leading to the beasts door, others just going away after awhile.  After the bad ones I tend to have a dull ache for some time, which I call residual pain from the previous headache.  It may be due to the immense pain and damage to the nerves.  Who knows.  After all these years ,I still have trouble explaining what I am actually going through.
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 6:06pm »

Thing is Stinger - we DO understand hon!

Have you tried coffee or energy drinks to shift 'em? Sometimes OTC painkillers such as motrin or excedrin will help with shadows even though they won't touch the sides of a hit.
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss