Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 6:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « A Headache Story - Part 2 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   A Headache Story - Part 2
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A Headache Story - Part 2  (Read 654 times)
Ace
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

A Headache Story - Part 2
« on: Jan 25th, 2008, 7:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So, my occipital nerve is 5mm at it widest point.  
It becomes inflamed when I have headaches.
There are no significant blood markers.
And then there's the doctors:
    My PCP could palpate the nerve but did know what it was and said the occipital nerver is usually below the occipital protuberance, not above. (Huh! maybe a stuctural abnormality)
   Every other doctor said there was nothing there, or I was feeling a cyst and treated me like I was crazy and just wrote script to patch the problem. ISN'T ANYONE INTERESTED IN WHAT IS CAUSING THESE THINGS???

A Cyst? Don't insult my intelligence and more importantly don't insult my 8 years (1993-2001) of severe pain and suffering.

After my shoulder surgery (jan 2001) and kidney infection (april 2001) I was sick like I contracted a disease and coming off Percocet after the shoulder surgery initiated a headache that was a true cluster headache and it was the most severe headache I ever had.

You know they say to call your doctor if you have a new headaches or your normal headache gets worse. I called. He did nothing. Once the cycle was over or smoldering I asked for Oxygen. This is before Oxygen was an approved and effective treatment. He wouldn't get it for me. Said there was too much paperwork and I would need to have a severe respitory illness to get O2.  

I only asked for it because I would be in so much pain from the headaches I couldn't breathe. I would gasp fir air as I squirmed on the floor.

Oh yeah, I fogot to tell ya...the headache I just mentioned...the most severe one of my life...well it did some damage to my right eye. I lost some range of motion and when I would look up the back of the eye hurts. To this day, it is this way.

Between 2001 (Shoulder Surgery) and early 2005, I just dealt with the headaches the best I can. The surgery did something to me. It made me sick (as in some sort of disease) and it made my headaches come on more frequently and more severe.  

Here comes the SSRIs and Prednisone....
IP Logged

My Head Hurts Too
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

Re: A Headache Story - Part 2
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 9:18am »

on Jan 25th, 2008, 7:30am, Ace_Sterling wrote:
So, my occipital nerve is 5mm at it widest point.  
It becomes inflamed when I have headaches.
There are no significant blood markers.
And then there's the doctors:
    My PCP could palpate the nerve but did know what it was and said the occipital nerver is usually below the occipital protuberance, not above. (Huh! maybe a stuctural abnormality)
   Every other doctor said there was nothing there, or I was feeling a cyst and treated me like I was crazy and just wrote script to patch the problem. ISN'T ANYONE INTERESTED IN WHAT IS CAUSING THESE THINGS???

A Cyst? Don't insult my intelligence and more importantly don't insult my 8 years (1993-2001) of severe pain and suffering.

After my shoulder surgery (jan 2001) and kidney infection (april 2001) I was sick like I contracted a disease and coming off Percocet after the shoulder surgery initiated a headache that was a true cluster headache and it was the most severe headache I ever had.

You know they say to call your doctor if you have a new headaches or your normal headache gets worse. I called. He did nothing. Once the cycle was over or smoldering I asked for Oxygen. This is before Oxygen was an approved and effective treatment. He wouldn't get it for me. Said there was too much paperwork and I would need to have a severe respitory illness to get O2.  

I only asked for it because I would be in so much pain from the headaches I couldn't breathe. I would gasp fir air as I squirmed on the floor.

Oh yeah, I fogot to tell ya...the headache I just mentioned...the most severe one of my life...well it did some damage to my right eye. I lost some range of motion and when I would look up the back of the eye hurts. To this day, it is this way.

Between 2001 (Shoulder Surgery) and early 2005, I just dealt with the headaches the best I can. The surgery did something to me. It made me sick (as in some sort of disease) and it made my headaches come on more frequently and more severe.  

Here comes the SSRIs and Prednisone....

IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
monty
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 11:08am »

on Jan 25th, 2008, 7:30am, Ace_Sterling wrote:

I think it could be a cyst. They can be very painful and long lasting.  Have you considered a cystectomy?

IP Logged

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #3 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 11:32am »

on Jan 25th, 2008, 11:08am, monty wrote:

I think it could be a cyst. They can be very painful and long lasting.  Have you considered a cystectomy?

Or maybe a slipdadicktome! laugh laugh Roll Eyes Cool
It started with a kiss! Kiss

Mike
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
Ace
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 6:58am »

on Jan 25th, 2008, 11:32am, Ghost wrote:

Or maybe a slipdadicktome! laugh laugh Roll Eyes Cool
It started with a kiss! Kiss

Mike

Maybe you need an addadictome. They use the extra foreskin on your lips to get that "just got out of prison" look! guyflash
IP Logged

My Head Hurts Too
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 11:46am »

Are you saying you have been in prison as well as everything else?

Godness me you HAVE managed to fit alot into your life so far. It's no wonder you don't feel well
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

DJ
CH.com Administrator
USA 

Got Sleep?

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 2:09pm »

on Jan 26th, 2008, 6:58am, Ace_Sterling wrote:
Maybe you need an addadictome. They use the extra foreskin on your lips to get that "just got out of prison" look! guyflash

Now that was pretty goddamn funny!

crackup
IP Logged

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present)

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss