Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 7:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « attack suddenly aborted.. ?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   attack suddenly aborted.. ??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: attack suddenly aborted.. ??  (Read 952 times)
ronan76
New Board Newbie
Ireland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

attack suddenly aborted.. ??
« on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 9:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

note :have had 1 attack a day around midnight for last 3 nights.. none during the day... (taking anti inflamm 3 times a day that has reduced atttacks from 4-5 a day to 1 a day)

btw this is a bit mad.. I ate dinner about 30 mins ago.. and suddenly felt attack starting to develop...literally on my last mouthful of dinner...  

ignored for a minute and went downstairs to the coffee shop... when I got down I realised i
was getting an attack so went upstairs and downed a zomig straight away....

went back downstairs and grabbed a strong coffee and started to drink it...
came back up to the office but the headache hasn’t developed.. there is no way the zomig would have kicked in so it’s a bit mad..  

I’m 100% it was starting.. but aborted pretty much straight away... mad ! only had about 3 or 4 sips of coffee so dont know if it could have been that either....

had, garlic potatoes, roast pork apple sauce and brocolli for lunch... not sure if it was one of those ingredients that kicked it off... (it was very tasty btw Smiley )

anyone have similar experience ?
IP Logged
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

Re: attack suddenly aborted.. ??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 9:17am »

With the exception of the broccoli can you freeze some and send it I am STARVING! ... I have had attacks start and then just die off before they get a good kick in those are the best low time even lower pain.

Hope that continues for you  

Mike
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
ronan76
New Board Newbie
Ireland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 9:36am »

yeah unusual to say the least.. just as i was waiting for it to intensify it stopped... anyway suppose its not worth thinkin about too much and i should just be happy !!!! Smiley  

I usen't eat brocolli but just decided to start as its so good for you...  and now i love it.. (well love is a bit strong) ...  

just organising that food delivery for you now !!  Wink
IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:00am »

It does happen sometimes......... no rhyme or reason.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:06am »

Like they said.  It happens sometimes--the thing starts to warp up, then it just drains away.  

I don't know why.  If I knew what I'd "done" to make it quit like that, I'd do it every time.

Best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:09am »

I'm a chronic CHer, and this happens to me about 10% of the time.  A hit will start and just....  not happen.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason.  It's like the bullet missed me.  Whatever the reason, or lack there of, I am always glad when it happens.

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
hotprestwich
New Board Junior
England 

Fuck the devil

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:12am »

mine to can be aborted with just a few sips of coffee man i am happy when that happens, (not usually)
also i find that if somthing has triggered it i can abort it with 02 in full attack. if its come on at the scheduled time, and its established theres no way the 02 will do anything for me, i always get hit in the night and early morning not normal for me to get one in the day, but 2 days ago in the afternoon i had a tangerine and in 5 mins i had a kip7,
so i think tangerines trigger them for me,  
could be somthing you ate triggered it for you.
IP Logged

In heaven there is no beer so why not drink it while we´re here
ronan76
New Board Newbie
Ireland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:25am »

thanks for the replies / support !

i'm deffo gonna throw some coffee into me at the first sign of the next one just to see if it makes the difference...

i've been pretty spaced in work on zomig..  jeez its strong..  
dont notice it as much during an attack but the fact i didn't have one.. I actually feel a bit stoned..  Shocked
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:30am by ronan76 » IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #8 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 8:49am »

Ronan, I'm glad that something worked! Smiley

If you don't drink cofee that much otherwise, it could have been the caffeine in it which could have helped.
Or who knows...

When my first hits came, I was drinking soft drinks like coca-cola diet and pepsi max a lot, which meant that I had bit of caffeine in me constantly. Then back in 2004 I quit drinking soft drinks all together and now energy drinks and caffeine tabs are THE treatment against ch for me. Go figure! Grin

Lots of PF time,
Sanna

P.S. I LOVE broccoli! Smiley
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 8:15am »

i gotten a couple nights hits that way, that i was for sure was going full 9kips i would crack my neck a few times, start my normal hop skip dance down the hallway to find it ease up by the time i got to my med. never got to happy about it, because it always seemed to come back my next bed time. but there was always a good feeling knowing i snuck one by that bastard. good luck.
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 9:48am »

I find that the preventatives do that a lot for me. I'll start to get that feeling, but it will never materialize. The 1st week of the Prednisone did that a lot.

I hope ya get lots more of those feelings as opposed to the opposite.Smiley

P_A
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
Stinger
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 1:04pm »

In past cycles I have tried cutting out one thing at a time out of my diet, but nothing changed.  I am convinced that foods do not trigger the headaches.  It just doesn't make sense.  They just come when they want to and that seems to be that.  Of course, we are all different and who knows.  We each have to try everything we can think of.
IP Logged
msussman
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #12 on: Jan 29th, 2008, 4:14am »

on Jan 23rd, 2008, 9:10am, ronan76 wrote:

went back downstairs and grabbed a strong coffee and started to drink it...

I'd put my money on the coffee...it's a vasconstrictor, just like our many precious triptans.

Have you used coffee as an abortive before?  I find that a couple shots of strong espresso can often (but not always) take a headache down a couple notches for me...once in a while it can even abort the thing completely.

May all your hits be so merciful...
IP Logged
ronan76
New Board Newbie
Ireland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #13 on: Jan 29th, 2008, 5:45am »

hi there.. yeah the coffee seems to help me.. however redbull is even better....

i've been taking anti inflammatories for about 10 days now so maybe they are starting to make a real difference (its hard to know).. i was in sweden for the weekend and felt an attack coming on.. well at least I thought i did... so i downed a can of redbull... and nothing developed.. i drank quite a bit of it over the weekend at any sign and it helped..I even took about 4 or 5 sips one night with a zomig and the attack fizzled out after about 5 mins... i read about redbull on this forum before....  

I've had two nights of no attacks now.. YAY!  although i did have one on the plane coming back from sweden yesterday.. so had to pop a zomig which kicked in after 15 minutes..
of course last night i woke up at 1am and 4am.. nearly waiting for the attack which is frustrating in itself.. but thankfully no pain... ( due to the past 4 weeks my body was automatically expecting it...)

Could someone explain what shadows are ? I think i know but would like to hear other peoples descriptions..  
thanks !
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss