Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 8:05am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Melatonin »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Melatonin
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Melatonin  (Read 707 times)
BaseballCoach
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Melatonin
« on: Jan 25th, 2008, 9:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Recently ordered Melatonin online...cheap stuff...only 1.50 a bottle...Anyway...the pill is 3 mg....it says DO NOT take over one pill per 24 hours...problem is They have very little affect on me....I see where some here are taking 5 mg....Any reason I can't take 2 pills??

Also, for those that I've talked to on here, still going strong without any HAs, STILL have 4 FULL O2 tanks, lol.....Will go down to 5 mgs of Pred in 3 days...Main side effects has been acne on my back but I can cover that...A little weight gain, but I'm eating right and keeping that down..almost 40 days since my last HA...longest relief since they started 5 years ago!
IP Logged
chewy

Email

Re: Melatonin
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 9:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I use 9 Mg at night.
IP Logged
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 10:02pm »

Congrats BB coach. I too am painfree using the Pred/Verapamil combo.
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #3 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 10:05pm »

on Jan 25th, 2008, 9:56pm, BaseballCoach wrote:
Recently ordered Melatonin online...cheap stuff...only 1.50 a bottle...Anyway...the pill is 3 mg....it says DO NOT take over one pill per 24 hours...problem is They have very little affect on me....I see where some here are taking 5 mg....Any reason I can't take 2 pills??

Also, for those that I've talked to on here, still going strong without any HAs, STILL have 4 FULL O2 tanks, lol.....Will go down to 5 mgs of Pred in 3 days...Main side effects has been acne on my back but I can cover that...A little weight gain, but I'm eating right and keeping that down..almost 40 days since my last HA...longest relief since they started 5 years ago!

Good on ya.  Keep huffin.

potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #4 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 10:08pm »

That's really inexpensive.  I usually wait until CVS has a 2 for 1 sale on their own brand and buy them, they work well.  
  If anyone has a brand they can recommend, it would be good too, because I bought some Nature's Bounty and I swear it had NO effect at all, not even sleepy.  So don't give up on it from just one brand, there can be a difference.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2008, 10:10pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
BaseballCoach
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 10:26pm »

This is optimum? My gf found is online....Must be a poor brand...I'm going to try 6 mgs...

That's just it viet...I haven't had a chance to "huff"...no ha's...can't say I look forward to "trying", lol...but will let you know if it works....

PF wishes to everyone! I'm happier now than I've been in a very long time...Don't give up hope. I do believe their is something out there for everyone.
IP Logged
richcurtin
New Board Newbie
Noflag 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 11:01pm »

My neurologist told me to try it. He said to start at 9mg and go up to 24mg for CH. I am taking 24 for the past 5 nights without any side effects, but no effect on headaches either.
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 11:51pm »

If PF and sleeping then no need my brother.

enjoy your time

9mg was my magic bullet
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
BaseballCoach
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 11:34am »

Thanks E-Double....The reason I wanted to try it was when I was on the 20 Mg of pred I was up til 1 or 2 am wide awake....Now that I'm down to 5 mg, I seem to be doing better....Just wanted to "try" the mel, to see what I needed to take "next go 'round"....

On an non HA sidenote, My dad also works shiftwork and you sure as hell don't want to be around him when he's on graveyards, lol...I've told him about melatonin and just wanted info on what he could take....

Thanks.
IP Logged
sfgirl69
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 12:26pm »

I recently tried melatonin for the first time. Within half an hour I was getting kicked in the head, I had two other pretty bad hits that night too. I assume it was due to the melatonin and have been afraid to try it again. Has anyone else had this kind of reaction or do you think it was a coincidence ? I am afraid try it again but love the thought of a full nights sleep.  
Thanks  
sfgirl
IP Logged
Stinger
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 12:57pm »

I started out with 5 mg then I went to 9 mg also, and it seems to be doing the trick.  I haven't had any at night for 4 days now.  I get a couple during the day, but seem to kick it out with the Red Bull.  Here's hoping.
IP Logged
DragonSlayer
New Board Veteran
USA 

That pain is only 1/2 as bad as you think it is!!!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 30th, 2008, 12:45am »

on Jan 28th, 2008, 12:26pm, sfgirl69 wrote:
I recently tried melatonin for the first time. Within half an hour I was getting kicked in the head, I had two other pretty bad hits that night too. I assume it was due to the melatonin and have been afraid to try it again. Has anyone else had this kind of reaction or do you think it was a coincidence ? I am afraid try it again but love the thought of a full nights sleep.  
Thanks  
sfgirl

I won't say yes or no as to the melatonin causing CHhit  Angry , we all react in our own unique way.  
Some report relaxing may cause a hit  Cry and melatonin may relax your system in that way.  
All I've been able to do when trying something new is to find out what is working for others and adapt what I've learned to my own reactions.  When doing this it is best NOT to use a shotgun approach - too many changes at once and you will not be able to figure out exactly what is causing the adverse reaction.
You didn't mention the amount of the dose you took.  First I would try higher or lower dose, sometimes with or without food can make a difference.  Some "remedies" just don't work when other CHer's have fantastic results, you'll never know until you try for yourself.
PFDAN I hope you figure it out.
IP Logged

Mr. Spock tried Vulcan mind meld during one of my K10 hits. You saw how he reacted on TV... then the movie "he's dead Jim"... But he came back....
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss