Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 4:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I'm back »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   I'm back
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I'm back  (Read 340 times)
mickey
New Board Newbie
USA 

You can run but you cant hide. Love the Beast

Email

I'm back
« on: Feb 1st, 2008, 6:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Glad to so many people still getting the great help that this site offers. I've been PF  for 13 months, and now the beast is knocking at my door. I went to the chiropractor because i threw my back out and recieved a great adjustment, But it seems like that may have been what triggered them this time. Hope it is just a fluke because they normally don't come around untill october. But none the less I have got the red bull, O2, and imitrex ready to go. It sucks I have only had 2 so far but I already feel myself withdrawing. My wife seems to think I might be bringing them on out of fear or stress. It just really sucks when people don't understand, But I have gotten use to it. When I have one everybody knows to leave me the hell alone in the bedroom and let me ride it out the best I can. O.K I am rambleing on sorry. Glad to see you guys are still here and I wish all of you pain free days. By the way is pinkey still active on this site ?
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: I'm back
« Reply #1 on: Feb 1st, 2008, 6:44pm »

Hey welcome back! Don't waste too much time trying to figure out what starts a cycle, it'sll drive you batty, a waste of your energy! Grin

You didn't mention a preventative medication. When I go on cycle I start on 1200 mg of lithium as a preventative measure. The idea being to reduce the frequency and the intensity of the attacks so you don't have to hammer the abortives, oxygen, imitrex etc., quite so much.  

Other popular prevents are verapamil and topomax. Certainly worth talking to the doctor about. Wishing you a short cycle followed by a lengthy remission!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

Re: I'm back
« Reply #2 on: Feb 3rd, 2008, 3:30pm »

Glad your here,  Winksorry for the reason. Angry Kick some demon ass. Cool  
all the best
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss