Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 12:49pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « eyes burning »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   eyes burning
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: eyes burning  (Read 388 times)
jace77
New Board Junior
USA 

eyes burning
« on: Feb 17th, 2008, 7:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My husband went through the histamine desensitization and his eye started to burn and tear but no headache (on the same side as he would normally get hit on) then started getting hit again.  We then did the DHE sub-cut for 4 days 24 hours per day, again, no headaches until after he finished the therapy, then had 2 or 3 hits.  Now he hasn't had an attack in 3 days, but both his eyes are now burning and tearing for about 5 minutes then goes away.  This is happening about 5 times per day on average.  Anyone have any ideas?  
thanks!
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: eyes burning
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18th, 2008, 7:03am »

A purely uneducated guess follows!

Maybe the treatment has converted "normal" CH into the rare, painless CH--where there are some symptoms minus pain.  

OR, there is some minor residuals of the disorder which are manifesting as the tearing. Consider that there are common nerve pathways involved which account for the particualr pattern of symptoms which we call CH.
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2008, 7:04am by Bob_Johnson » IP Logged

Bob Johnson
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 18th, 2008, 9:20pm »

Hang tough, I dont know about all that, but I do know what these treatments are like. I didn't get any ghost symptoms but...the demon always returned. Worked for a short time but always failed. You will have better luck.
all the best
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Feb 21st, 2008, 1:04am »

As Bob suggested maybe silent CH attacks.  
They have existed with me for as long as CH has been with me.

These have allmost all the same symptoms as CH without the pain. ie; nasal issues, runny teary eyes droopy eyelid, cold or clammy skin vs pain at the CH affected areas only, possible short lightheadedness. Similar frequency and durations of a regular hit.

The short 5 minute hits dont fit well, though the timing does.

At least in my case the silent hits lasted allmost as long as full on CH.
IP Logged

MJ
jace77
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Feb 23rd, 2008, 8:14am »

thanks for your input, I assume this is when a ch would normally have occured, but with the new meds/treatments, seems to have go with the timing of the change.  9 days PF and hopefully counting.
IP Logged
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

« Reply #5 on: Feb 23rd, 2008, 1:00pm »

9 days is great.  I hope it continues.  Where can I get these painless ch attacks?  I'd be willing to take one for a test drive.  keep us posted
IP Logged
jace77
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Feb 23rd, 2008, 4:48pm »

It has been a very long road, alot of trial and failure, the last treatments seemed to do the trick for now, much better than every other hour being hit with kip8-9.  Hopefully between the 2 treatments (histamine desensitization and DHE sub cut for 4 days) this will keep them away for a while.  
thanks again for all the support
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss