Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 5:00pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « update »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   update
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: update  (Read 372 times)
wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

update
« on: Feb 26th, 2008, 5:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi,just a quick update,been doing lots of reading (and suffering)had mri on saturday and have to make an appointment with neuro on friday.monday was my best day for ages,i dont know if this makes any sense but i felt like part of my brain was missing(no im not an emptyhead)coz of lack of pain??anyway keep up the support and encouragement for people,it really helped me. stuart
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: update
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26th, 2008, 10:42am »

That "empty" feeling is about the best thing there is isn't there?! It's kind of scary though, you wonder how long it will last etc but the trick is make the most of every "empty" minute you get  Smiley
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 26th, 2008, 11:45am »

Keep up with your reading, the bad news is you may have to educate your neuro some. You are your own best advocate and knowledge is power. Glad to hear you're catching a little pain free time, awesome isn't it? Wink

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
darknight
New Board Veteran
Great_Britain 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28th, 2008, 10:46am »

Good luck and read more on oxygen i never thought it would be as beneficial as everyone states but it is!!!  
My GP sorted it out and all i had was the letter found on ouchuk about oxygen for ch sufferers,  nice and simple they even deliver to the house!!!
IP Logged
wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

« Reply #4 on: Feb 28th, 2008, 11:24am »

i asked my doc about o2 a few weeks ago,she said no,not until the mri has ruled out anything sinister.i should be getting my results next week but you know what the nhs is like.
IP Logged
darknight
New Board Veteran
Great_Britain 

« Reply #5 on: Feb 28th, 2008, 12:44pm »

From my own experience i had a scan they found nothing out of the ordinary,(hoping the same for you) actual suprised i had a brain lol. I then had a chat with the neurologist who diagnosed me, once they diagnose you they will talk about treatments and the next step, you will then go to your GP for your prescription at that point you should have a print out of the OUCHUK website, your doc cant refuse you it!!! Make sure you at least try it its making my life normal again!!!

Any problems or questions feel free to PM me ive only been on Oxygen for just over a week and cant beleive i hadnt started 2 years ago when i was first diagnosed. Doc told to take ibuprofen paracetamol and if it gets bad maxalt (waste of time for me) but at the end of the day id rather sup Oxygen than take a cocktail of drugs for any affliction!! Wink
IP Logged
wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

« Reply #6 on: Feb 28th, 2008, 2:48pm »

cheers darknight,i just booked my neuro online for 12th march,was expecting a 4 week wait,best news this year Cool
IP Logged
beachmusic

Email

MRI
« Reply #7 on: Feb 29th, 2008, 5:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Just curious if anyone has ever had an MRI (with all that noise etc) set off an attack?  I am scheduled for back to back MRI and MRA and a bit concerned about that and or falling asleep.  Naps are huge trigger for me as well as noise.
IP Logged
darknight
New Board Veteran
Great_Britain 

« Reply #8 on: Feb 29th, 2008, 5:57am »

Make sure you have the info to hand and take it with!!! Wink

Good Luck
IP Logged
wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

« Reply #9 on: Feb 29th, 2008, 6:58am »

hi beachmusic,first thing i though when i seen the machine was"the icredible hulk"but only my head went in and it is a bit noisy but it will rule any other stuff out.it seems to me like its a case of eliminating stuff to get your diagnosis then you can get the right meds.like i said to my doctor you can cut my knob off if it works.
IP Logged
Stinger
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Feb 29th, 2008, 5:01pm »

I have often thought about a headache while in the MRI.  I It's never happened.  I am afraid I would just have to get out and reschedule.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss