Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 11:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « was a beautiful 8 days »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   was a beautiful 8 days
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: was a beautiful 8 days  (Read 305 times)
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

was a beautiful 8 days
« on: Feb 27th, 2008, 9:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dam!!!!  I thought I had it beat.  Had the victory speech all prepared.  MAde it further on the pred taper this time than the last which is why I started getting hopeful.  On a good note, just tried the o2 for the first time and it worked like a charm.  10 minutes max.  Thanks everyone on the o2 info.  Started on 1200 verap a day and thought it would work.  I just hope this comes to an end soon.   I actually thought life would get back to normal next week.  I need to get out and see my clients.  I haven't seen a one in over a month which would explain why my phone hasn't been ringing the last few days.  At least I know the o2 works for me but the fear of leaving the house as returned.  I guess I have to get the e-tanks now. Pretty much, I am here to say that I am pissed!!!!!!$^%*$$*&^%$*&^$(*&^$(&^
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

Re: was a beautiful 8 days
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28th, 2008, 8:59am »

Kev,
hug
Lots of PF wishes your way!

Wishes,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28th, 2008, 10:09am »

As much as I try to remain upbeat, thinking the cycle has ended...only to get slammed......that'll put me in a funk for several days. Hang in there, glad the 02 is working for you, still my best tool in the fight.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28th, 2008, 8:46pm »

unfortunately, I posted my o2 success a llittle early.  It clearly worked but kept coming back unitl I decided to go with the imitrex.  I won't give up on it.   Just too early to tell how effective it will be for me.  Guiseppe.... now that its back, alot of the anxiety has actually gone away.  I can stop counting hours and days and try to accept its here and there is not much I can do except to hope it will end soon.
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 28th, 2008, 8:53pm »

Acceptance is the better part of valor Kev.   Wink
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 28th, 2008, 9:02pm »

Dont look at it like, "When will it end"

Look at it as "Do I have a game plan for the next one"

That got me by for 31 years chronic!

When it does end it will be a gift.

Hope that helps.
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Feb 28th, 2008, 9:23pm »

I hear ya about the game plan.  I have one.  Ironically, it involves waiting til this one ends before I get started.  And yes, it does help
IP Logged
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 29th, 2008, 5:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I feel for you and  can relate.  I do not have a game plan and sure can't get seem to get one.  I can't get the oxygen due to doctor writing my diagnosis as migraines instead of clusters. He will not change the dx and will not return my phone calls.  My six day treatment of migranal spray ended and the beast is back with shadows all day and hits now up to 3 times a day minimum.  Crying all the time probably due to the meds.  certainly not leaving the house due to fear.  And hey anyone else tried wearing sunglasses indoors even at night, thats cute.

I think I need a 4 hour appt with this dr. just to figure out what the heck is going on and btw I am petrified of this mri and mra on wednesday for fear they will trigger an attack and I will start screaming and have to be pulled out.  Perhaps they will knock me out.

I apologize for sounding like such a downer!  So many of you are so upbeat and that is so uplifting.  I keep reading and pray that one day that will be me.  Mary Ann

How do you make a game plan for the next one when you cant think straight in between???    

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss