Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 4:45am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sinus Buster »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sinus Buster
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sinus Buster  (Read 806 times)
Mare
New Board Newbie
USA 

Sinus Buster
« on: Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi guys. I tried a search on this topic and didn't come up with anything so if this has been discussed here before, please forgive me for the repeat.

I saw a report on CBS news about this product and am wondering if anyone here has ever tried it and if so, what, if any, were the results. I was impressed that the reporter actually used the words "cluster headaches" as though they knew the difference from regular migraines!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

http://www.sinusbuster.com/headacheformula.htm
IP Logged

For Mark
La tristesse durea
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Sinus Buster
« Reply #1 on: Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:54am »

Oh there are plenty of topics and threads on this.

You didn't search very hard.   Lips Sealed

Anyway two words is all this needs:
MONEY WASTED

Have a great day.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 3rd, 2008, 1:12pm »

IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

damn......no place to park

Re: Sinus Buster present
« Reply #3 on: Mar 7th, 2008, 11:50pm »

i posted a thread on this about a month ago. i didn't have any luck with it. perhaps there is some kind of regimen you have to follow. could be it works for a select few here. i remember in the archives some turkey presented this with figures and percentages like it was one of those late night infomercials. and he wasn't affiliated with sinus buster in any way right. needless to say he was shoot down immediately. that thread was funny too. they really grilled that guy. if it does work i think they've pissed us all off with trolls and sales pitches posing as sufferers, that we don't trust them. i take that as an insult. if you do try it don't do anything else and give it a little time to take effect. i gave it a shot and didn't get any better. and that stuff was 15 bucks a bottle.

johnny
IP Logged

that which does not kill you will only make you crazy, obsessive, and sleep deprived
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 8th, 2008, 7:33am »

Quote:
Pain. 1994 Dec;59(3):321-5.

Preventative effect of repeated nasal applications of capsaicin in cluster headache.

Fusco BM, Marabini S, Maggi CA, Fiore G, Geppetti P.

Institute of Internal Medicine VI, University La Sapienza Rome, Italy.

Preliminary studies have shown that repeated nasal applications of capsaicin prevented the occurrence of cluster headache attacks. The present study was designed to verify the difference in efficacy of treatment with nasal capsaicin, depending on the side of application. Fifty-two patients affected by episodic form were divided into 2 groups, one receiving the treatment on the same side where the attacks occurred (ipsilateral side), the other on the controlateral side. Eighteen patients with a chronic form alternately received both ipsilateral and controlateral treatments. Seventy percent of the episodic patients, treated on the ipsilateral side, showed a marked amelioration whereas no improvement was noted in the patients treated on the contralateral side. The efficacy of ipsilateral treatment was emphasized by the results obtained in chronic patients. However, in these patients, the maximum period of amelioration lasted no more than 40 days. The difference between the effects of the 2 treatments (contralateral and ipsilateral) was statistically significant in both episodic and chronic sufferers. The efficacy of repeated nasal applications of capsaicin in cluster headache is congruent with previous reports on the therapeutic effect of capsaicin in other pain syndromes (post-herpetic neuralgia, diabetic neuropathy, trigeminal neuralgia) and supports the use of the drug to produce a selective analgesia.

PMID: 7708405

----------

Headache. 1994 Mar;34(3):132-7.

"Capsaicin-sensitive" sensory neurons in cluster headache: pathophysiological aspects and therapeutic indication.

Fusco BM, Fiore G, Gallo F, Martelletti P, Giacovazzo M.

Institute of Internal Medicine VI, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy.

Capsaicin, when repeatedly applied to the nasal mucosa of cluster headache patients, has been shown to prevent the occurrence of pain attacks. In order to investigate the mechanism of the drug's action, we evaluated the effect of repeated nasal application of capsaicin on the contents of sensory fibres immunoreactive to substance P and CGRP in the rat nasal mucosa. Further, considering the possible involvement of the cerebral circulation, we verified the effect of a single application of capsaicin on the blood flow velocity of the internal carotid and middle cerebral arteries (of both sides) and the basilar artery, in a group of healthy humans. The measurements were taken using Doppler devices. In order to verify the reproducibility of therapeutic effect of capsaicin, we carried out a 2-year follow-up study on patients affected by cluster headache (17 by episodic form, 8 by chronic form) who responded positively to the first treatment with capsaicin. During this period they were treated again with capsaicin in case of re-occurrence of symptoms. Capsaicin depletes the fibers immunoreactive to substance P and CGRP in the rat nasal mucosa. In the healthy controls, a single application induced vasodilation in the internal carotid, whereas middle cerebral arteries and basilar artery were narrowed. The results of the follow-up study, demonstrates that in 65% of the patients, the beneficial effect of capsaicin was again present when the treatment was repeated. In the chronic patients the therapeutic effect was always transitory (lasting, at maximum one month).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

PMID: 7515383

----------

Cephalalgia. 1993 Apr;13(2):114-6.

A double-blind placebo-controlled trial of intranasal capsaicin for cluster headache.

Marks DR, Rapoport A, Padla D, Weeks R, Rosum R, Sheftell F, Arrowsmith F

Clinical Immunology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 92114.

It has been suggested that treatment of cluster headache (CH) patients with topical capsaicin may desensitize sensory neurons by depleting the nerve terminals of substance P. We attempted to determine whether capsaicin is effective in aborting CH attacks. Patients in acute cluster were randomized to receive either capsaicin or placebo in the ipsilateral nostril for 7 days. Patients recorded the severity of each headache for 15 days. Headaches on days 8-15 of the study were significantly less severe in the capsaicin group vs the placebo group. There was also a significant decrease in headache severity in the capsaicin group on days 8-15 compared to days 1-7, but not in the placebo group. Episodic CH patients appeared to benefit more than chronic CH patients. These results indicate that intranasal capsaicin may provide a new therapeutic option for the treatment of this disease.

PMID: 8495452

----------

Clin J Pain. 1989;5(1):49-53.

Beneficial effect of capsaicin application to the nasal mucosa in cluster headache.

Sicuteri F, Fusco BM, Marabini S, Campagnolo V, Maggi CA, Geppetti P, Fanciullacci M.

Institute of Internal Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, Italy.

Capsaicin application to human nasal mucosa was found to induce painful sensation, sneezing, and nasal secretion. All of these factors exhibit desensitization upon repeated applications. The acute effects induced by capsaicin (300 micrograms/100 microliters) application to the nasal mucosa were studied in healthy volunteers and cluster headache patients. These effects were not different in both nostrils of cluster headache patients as well as in the single nostril of healthy controls. Likewise, the time course of desensitization to the painful sensation and nasal secretion induced by capsaicin applied for five consecutive days in control subjects was almost superimposable to those observed in the nasal mucosa of cluster headache patients. The number of spontaneously occurring attacks was significantly reduced in the 60 days after the end of capsaicin treatment. Whether the beneficial effect induced by capsaicin application to the nasal mucosa could be ascribed to a specific action on sensory neurons remains unknown.

PMID: 2520386
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
squishy
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 1:19am »

It works great for me for the occasional sinus headache, but doesn't do a darn thing for cluster headaches.
IP Logged
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 7:12pm »

BULLOX!
IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 9:28pm »

Don't waste your money. You would be better off eating straight horseradish right from the jar. Not that that would help.

sinus buster is a topical anasthetic. That means, if yer nose hurts during a hit, it'll set your nostrils on fire, making you forget about that pain. But is does not help with clusterheadaches. The hypothalamus is our problem child, and trigeminal nerve inflammation is where a lot of your pain comes from. No way to get the old sinus buster inside your brain, nor would I think you'd want to.

Lidocaine gel squirted into the affected nostril helps some folks, talk to your doc about that. Bet you can get it cheaper. Also, read up on the info over to the left side of this page. And keep asking questions.

What are you currently using to treat your cluster headaches?
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss