Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 9:22pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « knowledgeable ER doc »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   knowledgeable ER doc
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: knowledgeable ER doc  (Read 523 times)
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

knowledgeable ER doc
« on: Mar 3rd, 2008, 5:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

actually came across one last night.  Went in for chest pains I've been having for a week that seemed to get worse.  Actually had a 2 minute conversation with him about CH and he knew what he was talking about.  Asked if I was using high flow oxygen.  I was very impressed.  No problems with the ticker....ekg/chest xray were normal.  Blood test showed some high lvels of things due to the prednisone but thats it.  Still don;t know why I had pain but at least all the years taking verapamil hasn;t done any damage. Need to get a stress test done but I'm not worried.  Only got hit once yesterday and once today.  Alot less shadows.  ALOT more of the clearness in the head that I haven;t felt in a while.  Hopefully this means things are settling down.  Trying to stay positive.  You guys are starting to rub off on me I guess.  Wishing everyone well
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: knowledgeable ER doc
« Reply #1 on: Mar 3rd, 2008, 5:39pm »

Damn, stumbled accros a diamond in the dung heap! Maybe all of our educational attempts are paying off finally!

Glad to hear thngs are easing up on you.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 3rd, 2008, 5:57pm »

What a great thing...and this was a Cardiologist who was so knowledgable????

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 3rd, 2008, 6:06pm »

That's encouraging....maybe the word is getting out   Smiley

Glad you're doing better too....

Jackie
IP Logged
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 3rd, 2008, 6:07pm »

It was the ER doc.  I don't think he was the cardiologist.  THough I did not think to ask at the time.  Refreshing none the less.  Giuseppe.....I thought of OUCH immediatley after talking to him.
IP Logged
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 3rd, 2008, 8:31pm »

Always good to hear the word is getting out.  I'm finding more Drs that at have at least heard of CH.  Most still don't know the first thing about how to treat it though.  Except my Neuro.  He's on top of things...

Glad to hear things are easing up Kev.  How long have you been on that pred taper now?

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Mar 3rd, 2008, 8:42pm »

been on predisone for about a month.  I have 2 days left at 10mg each.  I didn't know that the predisone raised your sugar.  Also had a high  white cell count.  I think Potasium was high as well.  It was 2am and i was very tired.  Tried to absorb everything he said but I'm sure I missed something.  But I still hope I;m headed in the right direction.  I think todays hit had something to do with my sleep schedule getting screwed up.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 3rd, 2008, 9:34pm »

Freakin prednisone raises about everything. Well not everything. Undecided
all the best
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 4th, 2008, 8:38am »

I'm sorry but I've got to tell my predisone story. My late hubby had to go into the ER one night and they gave him a large dose of predisone. Then they admitted him. During the night his blood sugar went up the point he almost went into a coma. The next morning the doc came in and told him he was a diabetic.... He looked at the doc and yelled at him, "Well I damn sure wasn't when I came in here!" Smiley

They gave him all the diets - insulin, the testing kit, etc. turns out it was just the predisone and he actually wasn't a diabetic. He was still bitching about them trying to MAKE him a diabetic up till the day he died.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

wanna_swap_brains
New Board Junior
England 

« Reply #9 on: Mar 6th, 2008, 5:42am »

on my first visit to a&e was seen by a german doctor who mentioned ch,he gave me o2 and some injection?that was mid november,on my latest visit to gp she narrowed my condition down to 2 things,ch or tn and told me all the pills she and the other docs had gave me wunt touch it(like i dint know already) i gave her this web address and the ouch uk one,if it helps her help me then maybe im on the right path.she also gave me 1 sumatriptan injector to give it a try.stuart
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss