Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 5:33am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « CLUSTERS.. AND BAD TEETH?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   CLUSTERS.. AND BAD TEETH??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CLUSTERS.. AND BAD TEETH??  (Read 1326 times)
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

CLUSTERS.. AND BAD TEETH??
« on: Mar 3rd, 2008, 8:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

HELLO ALL,when i was  in peak cycle 2 months ago the beast came all the way down to into my top teeth. Well i had been going through some dental work pulling teeth to prepare for fake teeth on top. well after a round of penicillen, and 2 teeth removed the 1st round of clusters came, so i postponed the dental work other than making the impressions, my wife would never let go of the thought that the teeth and clusters went hand and hand, where i belived the penicillen played a role due to previous clusters shortly after the penicillen, so being pain free for almost 2months i had my upper teeth pulled and put in the false uppers today. (very sore but im ok) and they look great Grin. so my question is has anyone had pulled teeth that bring on clusters, or is there a link between bad teeth and CH? They wanted me to go to sleep for the pulling, but i did not!! only novacane, didnt want to play any tricks on my brain with the rem sleep, my question is about clusters and teeth and antheisia and CH. SORRY ABOUT MY SPELLING. also anyone have problems with the penicillen and CH.??  any info is helpful. coach bill
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

Re: CLUSTERS.. AND BAD TEETH??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 3rd, 2008, 8:28pm »

I have all my teeth except the one I lost to a swing as a kid.  That didn't stop me from getting clusters.  IMHO it has nothing to do with teeth.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 4th, 2008, 4:46am »

Hi coach

Are you, or have you been on high-dose verapamil?

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=medsarchive2 004;action=display;num=1103747052

All the best with it

-Lee
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 4th, 2008, 7:04am »

Because the path of the two upper branches of the trigeminal nerve reaches the eye/temple and upper tooth-jaw areas, the pain in the upper teeth area is quite common.

I have alot of work that needs to be done, but after many years of mis-diagnosis, clenching my jaws during attacks, nights of trying to pry them out by myself, there is enough damage to them.  Broken, cracked...still working on getting them taken care of.  

Just over a year ago I did have one molar pulled because there was no saving it.  I still feel discomfort and shadows where it was.  

My humble opinion is that long term CH and the things we do to cope and clenching our teeth helps casuse the issues with our teeth and jaws, not the other way around.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
KaiB
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 4th, 2008, 8:22am »

Bill, I can tell you that my current cycle has been really painfull for me directly in the molar area as well as the roof of my mouth adjacent to the molars on that side.

Absolutely like a dental problem, except the pain resolves as the CH goes away.  At times, the pain in my mouth is greater than the pain in my eye; it is also the first to appear (along with the runny nose) and the last to go away.

It was only after searching this board did I stop worrying about the dental pain - I would consider mine absolutely normal for a CH cycle.
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 4th, 2008, 10:01am »

I'm sure I'm not in the minority with this, but I've got caps on 3 of my molars where I've cracked them from grinding during a hit. That pic Redd posted shows why we're so often mis diagnosed with bad teeth since that's where it hurts!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 4th, 2008, 10:08am »

I have a bridge on the three upper molars on my cluster side. It's the only bridge I have.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #7 on: Mar 4th, 2008, 10:08am »

What comes to me, my teeth were just fine when my first ch cycle arrived. There's been one connection: I was nicely in remission when I went to a regular dental check up and the dentist did error while during regular dental work, which caused shadows to appear soon afterwards and the beast returned and remission ended.  Sad

Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 4th, 2008, 8:50pm »

sanna, did they give you any penicillen, because  it was late fall right after the time change and the penicillen with the time zone change i belive blasted me right out of that 2year remmission i was on, also this was the first time the pain found its way to my upper teeth, so i just thought bad teeth and this cluster was to strong to rule out. also i wonder will i still feel the cluster pain in the roof of my mouth then because the teeth are gone or did i end that problem, i also feel now i will not be able to put up with this denture if and when my next CH comes, i can tell ya right now i dont think im going to be able to dance with the beast with these false teeth in. thanks all for your info. coach bill
IP Logged

SteveH
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 3:52am »

Hi, new here, for the last few years I thought it was my teeth causing the pain so I had the top all ripped out and full denture on top and the pain is still feels like it is coming from my teeth, even though they aren't there anymore.
IP Logged
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 7:52am »

damn it!! i thought maybe i could sneak 1 by him, Angry how can the teeth hurt if there is no nerves anymore? well i guess i will find out soon enough, the time changes again  in 4 days and i promise the beast will arrive about 3-4 days after. Embarassed that was in past, i tried clusterbuster method of treatment 2 weeks ago also again on friday evening, so i hope the busting method will skip this next round, Cool although in past when the times changed back my CH CYCLE WAS MUCH SHORTER. Hopefully the bustin worked Wink. coach bill
IP Logged

sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #11 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 8:34am »

on Mar 4th, 2008, 8:50pm, coach_bill wrote:
sanna, did they give you any penicillen

I've been trying to recall if they gave me something before the procedure on that particular occasion, but I can't recall if they did... Undecided Around the same time I had 3 wisdom teeth taken out and back then I was given something, that is for sure.

Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 9:01am »

Quote:
how can the teeth hurt if there is no nerves anymore?

The nerves ARE still there.  Only the teeth are gone.  

That branch of the trigeminal nerve is where in the pain resides.  

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #13 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 10:34am »

on Mar 4th, 2008, 8:50pm, coach_bill wrote:
this was the first time the pain found its way to my upper teeth, so i just thought bad teeth and this cluster was to strong to rule out.

So far teeth are ok here, I stay routine with dental visits but have found the pain to reach the cluster-side back uppers on occasion during a hit.  
  That diagram Redd posted is pretty much the reach of pain from clusters, although concentrated very predominantly in the temple and eye for me.  
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2008, 10:36am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
mudplugga
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Clinging to the wreckage.

« Reply #14 on: Mar 6th, 2008, 10:27am »

I had all my teeth out when I about 12yo, and I got chronic cluster in my late twenties.

I'm 54 now and have been periodic for about 7 years.

I don't think teeth have anything to do with it, I get 'toothache' in my top right jaw during an attack.
IP Logged
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Mar 6th, 2008, 8:39pm »

im just certain my teeth had something to do with this, maybe not the teeth by them self. i think the pulling with the penicillen certainly helped trigger the cluster and being that it was all just about a week after the clocks went back, i thought i had my anwser.  "dont get my teeth pulled while taking penicillen soon after the time zone changes". there has just got to be a anwser for this cluster headache syndrome, im living my life now. im pain free and hope i stay that way, but i just am not going to stop looking for something or anything that maybe can be the anwser to even save 1 headache. i hope i found something with clusterbusters, i know i might sound scared but trust me im not, but this last cycle it wasnt just the pain, after 8 weeks it really started messing with my psychi. thanks again for all your responses. coach bill
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss