Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 7:17pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Proper CH Log book »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Proper CH Log book
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Proper CH Log book  (Read 624 times)
mc_ashes
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Proper CH Log book
« on: Mar 7th, 2008, 4:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I'm new to this, not CH but the idea that I can actually do battle with it.  I know I need to keep a CH log but I really don't know what one looks like.  I've half heartedly tried to keep a log of my CH since first getting real meds (MaxAlt) this past October (the hits started about 9 yrs ago or so).  At this point I'm just noting that I got a hit and that I took either 1/2 or a full MaxAlt tab.  I don't record PF days.  Should I be recording duration? Intensity (kip scale)?  Shadows?  All CH even if I don't take meds?  I usually don't take anything till or unless I'm convinced it's going to be a bad one (I know, probably not a good idea). What else?  What's a useful format, ledger style or narrative?  I've seen a neuro only twice (then she left town? not sure if there's a connection), seeing a new one Monday.  Basically, I want to keep the kind of log that is useful for a neuro that knows what she's dealing with.

Good news is my current cycle, which caused me to find this wonderful new family might be tapering off... I was PF 10pm - 4:30am last night (first time in 38 days).  Either that or the Melatonin which I first learned about here on Saturday is starting to kick-in.

Mark
IP Logged
Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

WHY BOTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Re: Proper CH Log book
« Reply #1 on: Mar 7th, 2008, 4:47pm »

Hi Mark,

I am sorry that you have a need to be here but you are now in the right place.

I had to fill in a daily diary and thanks to Artonio i used this 1
http://artonio7.com/CH_Pain_Cal_vert.pdf

It explains how to fill it in and was very helpfull for my neuro.

Dape
IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 8th, 2008, 11:01pm »

Mark,

The link Dape gave you is the best we have to go on so far.  Download or print it out.

Crossing my fingers and toes as well as lighting one of my candles and saying a very strong prayer for you that this is the end of your cycle.

Linda
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2008, 11:02pm by Linda_Howell » IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
mc_ashes
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 10:42pm »

Thanks Dape & Linda - I have continued to search around and I found what looks like a detailed, maybe too detail, form on the clusterbusters site.  Here's the link if anyone's interested.

http://www.clusterbusters.com/CB.CH.GeneralDiary.pdf

Mark
IP Logged
Bill
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 10th, 2008, 6:24pm »

Check out http://www.ouch-us.org/downloads/headache_diary.pdf

-definitely better than nothing (many other excellent resources on the OUCH website, including a note for friends & co-workers).  Undecided
IP Logged
jace77
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 8:15am »

I have a log sheet, it is a little more detailed, it is attempt to find triggers or patterns.  I have been chronic for 10+ years, though friday will be 1 month PF. I will scan it and post it here if anyone is interested.
IP Logged
DragonSlayer
New Board Veteran
USA 

That pain is only 1/2 as bad as you think it is!!!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 2:52pm »

on Mar 11th, 2008, 8:15am, jace77 wrote:
I have a log sheet, it is a little more detailed, it is attempt to find triggers or patterns.  I have been chronic for 10+ years, though friday will be 1 month PF. I will scan it and post it here if anyone is interested.

WOW  thumbsup  What great news for you Jace!!  I truely hope this PF time continues!!!
IP Logged

Mr. Spock tried Vulcan mind meld during one of my K10 hits. You saw how he reacted on TV... then the movie "he's dead Jim"... But he came back....
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss