Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 10th, 2024, 11:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Red bull is dangerous? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Red bull is dangerous?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Red bull is dangerous?  (Read 1700 times)
tony-PA
New Board Newbie
Italy 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Red bull is dangerous?
« on: Mar 14th, 2008, 9:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ciao everybody  Smiley,
It's a while that in our forum we press the use of red bull (with good result for many  Wink). Lately few of us have received the following mail (in italian, i traslated for you).
Most of us know it's an old stupid trick, but some is worrying about.
Anything you can suggest to reassure them?
Thank you, tony

The TRUTH about RED BULL  
This drink is sold in all the supermarkets of our country. Our sons and friends, when they want, can try it and can be deadly .
Red Bull was created in order to stimulate the brain in persons undergoing great phisical effort, not for being consumed like innocent drinkor refreshing one.
Red Bull is the drink that is world-wide commercialized with its slogan: 'It increases the phisical resistance, it facilitates the concentration and the reaction speed, gives more energy and improves the mood'. All this you can find in one can of Red Bull, the energizing drink of the millenium (according to its
owners).
Red Bull has succeeded to arrive in nearly 100 countries of all the world. Its marks of the Red Taurus has its main consumers among the young people and the sportsman, they use it for the stimuli that it produces.
HISTORY:
This drink was created from Dietrich Mteschitz, an entrepreneur of austrian origins who discovered it by chance travelling to Hong Kong, while working for a teeth brush manufacturer.
The liquid based on a formula that contains taurine and caffein was very popular in that country; therefore it thought what a success could have this drink in Europe, where however did not exist, andhe saw an opportunity to become entrepreneur.
BUT THE TRUTH ON THIS DRINK IS DIFFERENT  
In France and Denmark it has been just forbidden for being a deadly cocktail, because of its components of vitamins mixed with GLUCURONOLACTONE, highly dangerous chemical agent, developed from the Department of Defense of the United States, in the '60 in order to stimulate the moral of the troops sent to Vietnam, which was like an hallucinogen drug that it calmed stress of the war. But its effects in the organism were devastating, and it was cause of many headaches, tumors and liver diseases. And the can label lists among its components the GLUCURONALACTONE, catalogated as stimulant. But what the label DOES NOT SAY are the consequences of its assumption, that they would obligate to add one series of SERIOUS WARNINGS:
1. It is dangerous to drink it if  physical exercise is not done, since its energizing functions accelerates cardiac rhythm and can cause FULMINATING INFARCT.
2. It can cause CEREBRAL HEMORRHAGES, due to the fact that Red Bull contains components that dilute the blood in order to make the heart pum faster and make physical efforts with less fatigue.
3. It's forbidden to mix alcohol with Red Bull, because the result is “a mortal bomb” that ATTACKS the LIVER and the hit zone can not recuperate no more.  4. One component of Red Bull is the B12 vitamin, used in medicine in order to recover patients in ethylic coma etilico
5. The regular consumption of Red Bull provokes a series of irreversible nervous and neurological diseases (does not exist recovery!)  
If you read these indications on the can of a drink,  would you drink it?  
CONCLUSION:  
It is a drink that should be forbidden throughout the world. Venezuela, Dominicana Republic, Puerto Rico and other countries of the Caribbeanses, already are allerting the others nations, above all because the concoction of this drink with alcool is one bomb for the human body, mainly for the adolescents but
also for adults.This drink is sold in the supermarkets and the stores of our country therefore don't drink it and dissuadete others from drinking it, especially the children… THEY can DIE.

IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

Re: Red bull is dangerous?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2008, 9:11pm »

You should limit your intake of energy drinks containing taurine if you are taking verapamil.

That said, what a crock of shit.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14th, 2008, 9:17pm »

Read here, Tony:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/potables/redbull.asp
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #3 on: Mar 15th, 2008, 5:50am »

A "FULMINATING INFARCT", oh my!

Tongue
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15th, 2008, 9:26am »

whatever. i dont use red bull, my 15y/o does and after 3 years the only complaint she gives is the taste. in the past i used imitrex, zomig, maxalt and more.. if you read those labels you will be half shitting in your pants before you take the 1st pill. if you have CH and you bang your head on the wall is that good for you?? or if you got CH and you walk in front of a bus, well that cant be good either, when i was getting hit hard in january, i resorted to even plugging my nose with toliet paper when i slept to try and keep the beast at bay, i cant even tell ya how many things could have went wrong with that. so my thought is this, if it helps you deal with this horror, then do it. either way sounds like the makers of rock star would love this post. coach bill,
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
GonnabeatemJudi
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18th, 2008, 7:29am »

I am on my second case of RedBull (best price at Sams Club) and love the stuff I hate the taste of!  It has helped abort many attacks and kicks the beasts butt within 10 minutes EVERY time with a relpax-
I am thinking of buying stock in the stuff.... Wink
IP Logged
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 18th, 2008, 8:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I hear ya Judi,  breaking the Relpax in half is working for me also.  Love the stuff we hate to taste Grin
IP Logged
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 18th, 2008, 8:39am »

Thanks for the link, Nani.  I like the author's no nonsense style.

Tony, one thing that has reassured me in the past, about using Red Bull, kudzu, etc., has been talking to pharmacists, my doc, &/or neurologist about interactions.

Charlotte
IP Logged
monty
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 9:26am »

I was talking to a friend who worked on a college campus, and she referred to Red Bull as "liquid crack."  I had to laugh. She thought it had 3 times as much caffeine as a cup of coffee (it has less).  And the taurine is more of a relaxing compound than a stimulant.  

I would not mix it with alcohol to try to keep drinking all night or party like a rock star.  I would not drink 3 red bulls before playing basketball or football to push the body harder.  But a can does help with headaches.  

IP Logged

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #9 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 9:45am »

I like a can at the 10 mile point of a 15 mile run.

Scott
IP Logged

seasonal boomer
mudplugga
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Clinging to the wreckage.

« Reply #10 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 8:10pm »

It's helping me, but then, I'd drink bat piss if it helped.  Grin
IP Logged
superhawk2300
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 21st, 2008, 8:50pm »

As someone who has tired just about everything in name of health off the football field and just about everything in the name of performance on the football field, I can say that I have no problems drinking Red Bull, FOR A PURPOSE. I'd never just tip one back as a thirst quenching beverage. I have mixed them with alcohol - a common drink around here at bars / clubs is Reb Bull and Vodka. Red Bull even comes on tap now at bars.

If I were to worry everytime I stuck something in my body that someone somewhere thought is "bad" I'd would have died of a stress related illness (Unless I was talking a lot of B vitamins at the time - lol).

Red Bull isn't even close to the most die hard energy suppliments in stores either. Wanna real pick me up, try Red Line, but I'd only try half a can first!  Shocked

If I am draggin butt cuz my cycle has made me tired I drink a red bull. Which means I've had about 10 cases in the last 10 weeks. I have no problems with Red Bull, but I am pretty healthy too.
IP Logged
KatzPurr
New Board Newbie
USA 

10+ OUCH!

16090505 16090505     KatzPurr2

« Reply #12 on: Mar 23rd, 2008, 2:21am »

Look, RedBull Rocks! I've only been using it for a few weeks and rarely do I even need more than half a can, but it has aborted several of my ch. It doesn't work 100 percent of the time, but I would use it even if it only worked 5 percent of the time. Like one of the previous posters stated... I'd drink or eat just about anything to avoid an attack or alleviate the pain of a ch... enough said! I do agree that the flavor of RB is an acquired taste, but there are much worse tasting drinks out there!
IP Logged

KatzPurr's Purrrrrrr Palace
http://www.myspace.com/jlabax
chewy

Email

« Reply #13 on: Mar 23rd, 2008, 8:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Mar 19th, 2008, 9:45am, seasonalboomer wrote:
I like a can at the 10 mile point of a 15 mile run.

Scott

Me to.

Otherwise I'd fall asleep before seeing the finish on Channel 25.
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #14 on: Mar 23rd, 2008, 1:18pm »

on Mar 23rd, 2008, 8:54am, chewy wrote:

Me to.

Otherwise I'd fall asleep before seeing the finish on Channel 25.

IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #15 on: Mar 24th, 2008, 4:13am »

Red Bull (and other energy drinks) helps me much better than any treatment I tried before it. And before I drank my first can of it, I considered whether or not it's the right treatment for me - just as I did with every other ch treatment I've had over these few years.

And the result is clear: it's the best one for me.

Sanna

IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

tony-PA
New Board Newbie
Italy 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #16 on: Mar 24th, 2008, 8:18pm »

on Mar 19th, 2008, 8:10pm, mudplugga wrote:
I'd drink bat piss if it helped.  Grin

yyyyaaaaaaaa !!!!   Grin

thanks a lot for your help.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss