Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:22pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Eastern USA and cluster started in Jan 2008 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Eastern USA and cluster started in Jan 2008
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Eastern USA and cluster started in Jan 2008  (Read 257 times)
pierrejill
New Board Newbie
USA 

Eastern USA and cluster started in Jan 2008
« on: Mar 15th, 2008, 10:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am new to the site and have noticed several people discussing their cluster started the beginning of January this year and still going strong...

that is my MO as well...what is odd is I usually get them in the fall and only last 30 days.

So I am curious- since one theory is episodic clusters are due to seasonal changes- how many in the eastern US had a cluster start in Jan 08?  And any theories as to why yours started at this nonseasonal change timeframe??
IP Logged
Trooper
New Board Junior
USA 

I ain't skeert!

Email

Re: Eastern USA and cluster started in Jan 2008
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 11:17am »

I live in Texas so I can not say. I will tell you that over the last 5 years here we have had two years(not consecutively) where there was a very rainy winter/spring and when that happened my cycle did not start until June/July where it usually started in March/April. When this happend my cycle went much longer than usual. I have always felt that the environment has a big part to play in how we suffer.  

It could also just be that your cycles are changing. In the early years I was always hit in the spring and fall, with the occasional unexpected short episodes in between. Now my cycle is almost always in the spring. My cycle is longer but it only comes once a year and is pretty consistent. I kinda think it is better this way because I never have unexpected episodes like I used to. Just 2-4 really crappy mos. and then it is over. How long have you had CH?
IP Logged
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 11:26am »

i was the same way, late fall early winter but this cycle was different and longer than normal, i think that it may had something to do with the late/early time changes, i dont ever remember the time jumping up this early. and the one thing i learned about the beast and his patterns is i dont know anything about it. it does what it wants, always. no doubt the beast comes and goes as he pleases, i hope your cycle ends soon. coach bill
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 12:17pm »

Many!! years ago CH folks were described as having a particular skin type/facial presentation. Not so. Then we read that CH people smoke much and this is associated with attacks. But the dominate # of comments here reject that notion.

The standard description of CH focuses on the cyclical nature and rigid timing pattern but I've come to have doubts about these concepts, also.  

For the majority?? here, they come when they come, and they go when they go, and we learn to deal with what is rather than trying to predict the future. Predicting is only a route to increased anxiety!
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2008, 12:18pm by Bob_Johnson » IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 12:20pm »

crackup crackup crackup

Edit to add: Its in your fucking head not where you live!
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2008, 12:22pm by Jonny » IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 7:12pm »

on Mar 16th, 2008, 12:20pm, Jonny wrote:
crackup crackup crackup

Edit to add: Its in your fucking head not where you live!

The guy asked a question regarding geographic locations and relationships with seasonal changes, just like hundreds of others have over the years.

Nothing at all wrong about his question, just your response. Nothing funny about his question, or your response.

Why don't you STFU and return to your throne back in the general threads.

Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 7:20pm »

I think the only consistant thing I've found with CH is that it is inconsistant. Just when I think I've got a handle on it, it morphs. You hear of people who were episodic for years going chronic and vice versa, peoples cycles change, length of hits, even what works for them.

The best advice I can give you is to read all you can, look at all your options and assess what you think (along with your doctor) would be best for you and your medical history. Have a back up plan for an alternative option.

Get your abortives sorted out and then work on preventatives. Deal with today and then try to stop them tomorrow.

Most of all, know you aren't alone. We're all in this together and the support we can give each other is sometimes the very best medicine of all.

Welcome! I'm sorry you had to find us, but I'm very glad you have since you're one of us.

Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 7:29pm »

i wish I knew for that matter we all do.
I have always lived in NY and was always an episodic CHer with only nocturnal attacks lasting about 4 weeks. In 2004 my cycle came but entered the day and night along with multiple attacks.... This cycle is still going and it is now 4 yrs.  
Who knows what the predictors are??? I do not know nor think it is anything other than my punishment for being so g-d darn handsome  Wink Grin
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 8:28pm »

on Mar 16th, 2008, 7:29pm, E-Double wrote:
I do not know nor think it is anything other than my punishment for being so g-d darn handsome  Wink Grin

How did Chewy get to be a ch'er then?!  Wink
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 9:11pm »

spit

modified to say, oops, yes, you guys are handsome.
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2008, 9:12pm by Charlotte » IP Logged
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 17th, 2008, 7:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Just  my two cents, being from the east coast also.  My first and only bout with ch began in the fall.  This time it began in January and still going!   I don't know how you good folks manage to keep trying to make sense of it all, cause I see no rhyme or reason to any of it!
IP Logged
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 17th, 2008, 7:43pm »

well said beach.!!!! coach bill
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 17th, 2008, 8:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

So you don't mind my name?  Thought I was going to have to change it in order to fit in, thanks coach! Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2008, 9:02pm by beachmusic » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss