Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 8:42am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Todays Trip to the Neuro! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Todays Trip to the Neuro!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Todays Trip to the Neuro!  (Read 459 times)
Superdave
New Board Veteran
USA 

Todays Trip to the Neuro!
« on: Mar 18th, 2008, 7:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello All,

Today I saw my neurologist for the first time since November. This Dr. really seems to know cluster headache better than most. He’s a quiet man and its hard to tell what he’s thinking, or how much he really does know about this condition when you are in his office.

After recently finding this wonderful group of people here at Clusterheadaches.com I walked in to his office well armed and ready to share all the info I have learned here.  

Now that I know how to build a clustermask, I shared with him how well it was working for me, he seemed pleased but didn’t let on if he knew anything  about them.

I also was able to share with him the miracle of Redbull, he was intrigued and ask me several questions about the energy drinks. He seemed quite exited to here this new information and said he would be looking into this abortive he had never heard of before. I was very proud to do my little part in the war against the beast.

I also shared with him my theory of how the hits are triggered by my brain switching gears (changing in to cruse mode or relaxing from the business of the day) and how that always seemed to be the trigger for me, no matter what I’ve been eating or drinking or watching or doing. He agreed with my theory hole heartedly.

Lastly I knew that the Doctor has tried to start several support groups in the area that have failed.  I asked him if there were presently any support groups he knew of that I could be a part of. This man (who is probably the most highly regarded headache authority in the city) gave me a half smile looked at me from the corner of his eye and said, “ Clusterbusters you can find them on the internet”.  

Superdave Cool

IP Logged

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?
DragonSlayer
New Board Veteran
USA 

That pain is only 1/2 as bad as you think it is!!!

Email

Re: Todays Trip to the Neuro!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18th, 2008, 8:22pm »

“ Clusterbusters you can find them on the internet”.  

Hey I think I know that web site!!   sayyes

WTG   thumbsup Dave, sounds encouraging
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2008, 8:22pm by DragonSlayer » IP Logged

Mr. Spock tried Vulcan mind meld during one of my K10 hits. You saw how he reacted on TV... then the movie "he's dead Jim"... But he came back....
DragonSlayer
New Board Veteran
USA 

That pain is only 1/2 as bad as you think it is!!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18th, 2008, 8:44pm »

I forgot to ask  What did he recommend for your treatment??   confused
IP Logged

Mr. Spock tried Vulcan mind meld during one of my K10 hits. You saw how he reacted on TV... then the movie "he's dead Jim"... But he came back....
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18th, 2008, 9:08pm »

Way to spread the word Dave!  

Like Slayer said, did you guys make any changes in treatment?

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Superdave
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18th, 2008, 9:51pm »

I've been on 4mg sansert since Dec 1st. It changed the timing of my attacks to mostly morning wake up instead of those pesky evening and night time hits. My hero on this website thought perhaps upping to 6mg might help. I increased my dosage and started on melatonin 9mg at bedtime. Presto! That was the ticket. I’m now 95% pain free. I have aborted every threat or shadow with Redbull or o2 (what ever is convenient at the time). I am crossing my fingers and knocking on wood. So really there is no reason to change my meds at this point. The sansert script will run out in May, its a good thing I know about Cluster Busters now.

I’ve been Chronic for 5 1/2 years now and have never had this much of a break since this nightmare started. I have to give the credit in fractions 1/2 to my neuro 1/2 to clusterheadaches.com. 0/0 to my insurance company.

Superdave Cool
IP Logged

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 10:24am »

Thanks for informing one neuro! And I'm glad that you're almost PF. Smiley

Best wishes & PF days,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 10:32am »

Congrats Dave, it's an awesome feeling to one up the beast! Good job educating another neuro....all we can do is keep spreading the word!

Guiseppi thumbsup
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss