Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 3:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sinol »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sinol
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sinol  (Read 1144 times)
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sinol
« on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 11:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Anyone heard of or tried a nasal spray called Sinol?  It is a homeopathic nasal spray in CVS and claims to be effective at treating cluster headache.  Don't remember this being mentioned on here and wondered if anyone has tried it.  It says on the shelf that they will not be stocking it in CVS much longer but apparently it will still be available in the future on the company's webiste.
IP Logged
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

Re: Sinol
« Reply #1 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 11:44am »

It's the "other" brand of capsaicin nasal spray.  SSDD.

Personally, I wouldn't bother.

Best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 12:03pm »

Dear Starlight:

I'm with George, capsaicin nasal spray has a low chance of doing anything positive in my opinion.  Perhaps the intense burning inside your nose might distract you from your cluster headache for a few moments, but I think that's about it.

Don't even think about getting this spray in your eyes or other mucus membranes!

Your milage may vary, but I figure the money would be better spent on something else.

With best regards,

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 1:32pm »

Snort some crushed pepper. Grin J/K
all the best
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
AlienSpaceGuy
New Board Veteran

Greetings from outer space

« Reply #4 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 7:37pm »

Now Boyz, here you are mistaken.

Since the capsaicin is in homeopathic form, the unwanted burning sensation has disapeared by the dilution, and the 'potentizing' has only concentrated the headache curing properties. That at least is the idea with which Hanemann's disciples make their mega-bucks, for two centuries already,  Sad

IMNSHO, Homeopathy is the most gargantuan health scam ever conceived to deceive unsuspecting sufferers of any kind of malady.

smokin

IP Logged

AlienSpaceGuy believes only in scientifically sound methods and hates snake oil vendors.

CostaRicaKris
New Board Veteran
USA 

Currently training for AFC half Marathon

CostaRicaKris  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 8:27pm »

on Apr 2nd, 2008, 11:37am, starlight wrote:
Anyone heard of or tried a nasal spray called Sinol?  It is a homeopathic nasal spray in CVS and claims to be effective at treating cluster headache.  

Damn! All this time, an effective treatment was as close as the CVS?  

(Man this Topomax makes my sassy)  
IP Logged

Visit my website: http://www.active.com/donate/amnhealthcare/KristinaMorris to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 9:22pm »

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info and feedback.  I was just surprised that a product at CVS claimed to treat cluster headaches!  I am not in cycle right now (thankfully) but honestly I am a sucker and probably would at least give it a shot.  I have heard capsaicin could be effective at offering some relief so didn't know if the product could have any kind of positive effect?  But it sounds like this product is probably crapola--folks here would know if it was any good.  
CostaRicaKris--I get my melatonin at CVS--so who knows right what kind of helpful things reside in the shelves!  Smiley
IP Logged
mezza
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 9:45pm »

If you are a sucker then so am I- before I got on the right meds I tried everything!  I definitely would have tried it if I was walking around cvs looking for relief!
IP Logged
CostaRicaKris
New Board Veteran
USA 

CostaRicaKris  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 10:14pm »

on Apr 2nd, 2008, 9:22pm, starlight wrote:

CostaRicaKris--I get my melatonin at CVS--so who knows right what kind of helpful things reside in the shelves!  Smiley

I'm sure they have energy drinks too! Too bad I can't trade in my empty O2 tanks there instead of sitting around waiting for Apria to show up.

~Kris
IP Logged

Visit my website: http://www.active.com/donate/amnhealthcare/KristinaMorris to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 10:22pm »

Costa,

I hear ya--they would be perfect if they could do that!  If only O2 was easier to get cause it is the best thing in my book.  And believe it or not, I have never tried an energy drink--strong coffee with O2 during some bad hits though--and I think they sell coffee there too!  Pain free wishes for you Costa!
IP Logged
CostaRicaKris
New Board Veteran
USA 

CostaRicaKris  
Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 3rd, 2008, 8:50am »

on Apr 2nd, 2008, 10:22pm, starlight wrote:
 Pain free wishes for you Costa!

From your fingers to my head!
PF wishes for you as well  Smiley
IP Logged

Murdockscott
New Board Newbie
USA 

My hair hurts

« Reply #11 on: Apr 10th, 2008, 10:53pm »

I gave this product and the other brand on the market both a good test and at least for me I found them to be ineffective.

Thats fine, as we well know, not everything works the same for everyone. But when I mentioned my experiences with the product on my blog some time back, I started getting inundated with "testimonials" from posters that began to suspect were there to "offset" my low ratting of the product.

A few days ago they just cut loose and posted a full on ad on my comments section. The conversations I have had with a representative of there's since via e-mail have been very interesting.  

I have to say I agree with the majority of posters here. Try it if you like, but don't expect much, if anything.

You can read more about my battle with them here:
http://cluster-headache.blogspot.com/2008/04/war.html

This post shows the IP information of on of the "impartial users" of the product... draw your own conclusions:
http://cluster-headache.blogspot.com/2008/04/sniff-sniff.html

The posts near those also tell interesting tidbits of the story you might enjoy. : )

Sorry to post this info in 2 threads  but I didn't see this one until today and since its Sinol specific, I really think people should know how this company acts.

Doc.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss