Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I'm new »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   I'm new
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I'm new  (Read 292 times)
Octgirl
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I'm new
« on: Sep 30th, 2003, 3:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm new to this site, but thought I'd introduce myself and join OUCH since I spend a lot of time with it.  
  I'm one of the people who help run the Online Store.  
  I got introduced to Cluster Headaches with I went to work for Barbara D.  I learned DON'T TOUCH - DON'T BOTHER - AND STAY OUT OF HER WAY when her eye starts swelling.  And that was my first week.  Until then I thought migraines were BAD.
  Last week I saw her go through the week from HELL - and that was just when I went over to check on her.  Most of the time she was on the computer talking to you guys.  I guess that's when I realized what she meant when she said you guys had a great support group.  Last week she needed everyone of you.  
   This week she's back at work - Her eye is still swollen but she is working and we're all staying out of her way - Any suggestions on what to do and what not to do?    Thanks   Bev
IP Logged
stuey

Email

Re: I'm new
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30th, 2003, 3:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Bev, I have had them at work and folks here leave me completely alone.  I go into an empty office with lights off and curse, moan, call on God and dance around until the attack subsides.  They have lasted up to 45 minutes for me.  I don't know about her but I can say for myself that I cannot tolerate anyone near me, don't touch, do not come close and don't talk to me during an attack.  I carry meds with me, specifically imitrex injections when I can.  I appreciate others concern and as long as they know what is happening is real I feel better knowing they care.  That she is coming to work through this takes determination.  I had to cause we just don't get enough time off from jobs.  Stuey
IP Logged
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30th, 2003, 3:21pm »

Hey Bev,

Just keep doing what you're doing.  It's great that she has you for support at work (it's very important!).  It's sucks when you work with people who don't care.
I agree with Stuey, just stay away...unless she needs ice or meds.

Welcome!
Virginia
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30th, 2003, 3:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello Bev, and welcome!

In answer to your question, the best thing you can do for Barb, when she is not in pain, is to let her know you are there if she needs you.  She will let you know if she does, otherwise it sounds like you all are doing the right thing, by just leaving her alone.  Come here whenever you want, whether to ask questions, research, or just to talk!  

Smileymel

P.S. Thanks for helping to run the online store.  The time you put in to help us out, is very much appreciated!
IP Logged
Charlie M
New Board Newbie
USA 

laugh and the world laughs with you

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 30th, 2003, 3:52pm »

YOU ARE A GREAT FRIEND TO BARBARA. JUST STAY OUT OF HER WAY,  SO SHE CAN'T CHOP YOUR HEAD OFF.  Wink
IP Logged

IN ORDER TO ENJOY THE SUN WE HAVE TO EXPERENCE THE RAIN
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 30th, 2003, 5:33pm »

Pretty much, stay out of the way...don't try to sympathize and forget about it when she's not getting hit.
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
goaway
New Board Veteran
USA 

"Things take longer than they do."

« Reply #6 on: Sep 30th, 2003, 8:23pm »

Welcome Bev, and thanks!
IP Logged

"If you get robbed by worry,.....it was an 'inside' job."

"...runnin' with the shadow...runnin' with the shadow..."

"We don't rent pigs."
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 30th, 2003, 8:29pm »

Hi Bev.....Pam that thinks you must be a swell pal  Grin
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 30th, 2003, 8:34pm »

Naw.. I think she's just saying I'm being a bitch at the office... LOL!!!  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Miss_Deleny
New Board Veteran
USA 

To live life is to know love

Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 30th, 2003, 9:03pm »

Welcome Bev! Thank you for the work that you do for us, it very much appreciated! And thank you for watching out for and taking care of our Barbara  Smiley

~April~
IP Logged

You never know when love will knock on your door, when it does, embrace it and hold on to it forever!
Edna
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Sep 30th, 2003, 10:22pm »

Well, HI Octgirl

YOU, dear, are a really great pal to have around. BarbD is surely blessed to have you as a coworker that is on her side.  

Thanks for anything you do to help us.

And, my advice is........do JUST what you're doing. Support means the world to us. But, I think asking BarbD what she would want for you to do during an attack would really give you that best answer.

Many people here react different ways. For instance, I sometimes want to be TOTALLY left alone, but then at other times.......having someone there to get me my ice pack, or turn the fan on for me, or bring me a nice cold towel to put on my head (even if it's only cold enough for 2 seconds) REALLY means a lot.

So have at it, and ask......I'm sure Barb will be more than willing to let you in on whatever she needs....Just doing during non attack time......otherwise, you may come away headless....hehehehehe

Again, you're  a wonderful buddy for her. We here appreciate knowing she has you.

Welcome,
EDNA
IP Logged
Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 4:10am »

Quote:
In answer to your question, the best thing you can do for Barb, when she is not in pain, is to let her know you are there if she needs you.  She will let you know if she does, otherwise it sounds like you all are doing the right thing, by just leaving her alone.

I agree with mel. Letting people know your there  for them is the best support whether they use yoiu at the time or not.
 Thank you for your assistance with the online store.
Turts  

and welcome
IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss