Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 11:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Here we go again »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Here we go again
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Here we go again  (Read 237 times)
ferbio36
New Board Newbie

I know your pain!

Email

Here we go again
« on: Sep 30th, 2003, 4:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just started a new cycle this week.Dammit!!!
I have been suffering this damn affliction for almost 20 years.I thought when I got older,this would subside,but I was wrong.02,imitrex,midrin,lidocaine,accupuncture,percocet,topamax.Nothing works.Oh well,I can deal with it,though,it never gets easier.A few people don't understand what I am going through,in particular,a woman I work with.She says"it's just a headache.".After I was ready to go off on her verbally,I realize that not everyone can understand what level of pain these clusters give a person.I held my toungue.Good luck fellow cluster sufferers ;(
IP Logged
Charlie M
New Board Newbie
USA 

laugh and the world laughs with you

Email

Re: Here we go again
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30th, 2003, 4:46pm »

HANG IN THERE. PEOPLE DON'T AND CAN'T UNDERSTAND, UNLESS YOU BEEN THERE. GOOD LUCK
IP Logged

IN ORDER TO ENJOY THE SUN WE HAVE TO EXPERENCE THE RAIN
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30th, 2003, 4:57pm »

Ferbio...welcome to you, sorry your suffering again, hang in there we all understand your pain!

PF vibes from across the pond...

Cathy
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 4:48am »

Supply her with a kip scale, and ask her which number she thinks she could handle, and how often.  

Then give her the OUCH colleague letter telling her there is no known cause or cure, yet definate treatment.

I think she'll change her tune a little.

And do it with a smile.  Grin  
IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 5:37am »

Ferbio -

Sounds like you've been through it all. But there are some preventives not on your list: verapamil (calcium channel blocker) combinations of prednisone and verapamil, or verapamil and lithium.

And there's one other, perhaps the best preventative. It's not for everyone, but is a important option: indole-ring hallucinogens, popularly known around here as 'shrooms.

More info here: www.clusterbusters.com

Good luck with your co-worker.  One suggestion - stop calling them "headaches." Tell the lady you're having an ATTACK. Or use Ave's suggestion in the "What do we call it" thread.

Stay PF

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #5 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 5:47am »

Welcome to the board.  Sorry you are getting hit and your co-workers ain't the understanding type.  

Here is a form you can use for your employer.  There is also some other good info on the OUCH website (button on the left) then go to the resources tab.  

Good luck !

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/resources/emp.htm
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Kenzie60

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 6:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hang in there!  I just want to strangle people when they say that to me.  Most of the time I just give them the look of death and walk away.  Stay strong and keep fighting the beast.

Roseanne
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss