Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 1:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Remedy-aches-and-pain »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Remedy-aches-and-pain
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Remedy-aches-and-pain  (Read 1092 times)
MvT
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Computer Technician

Remedy-aches-and-pain
« on: Dec 29th, 2007, 1:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Got a pressing headache? How about an aching sunburn? Prevention magazine asked seven experts for their home remedies to cure common health concerns. For example, if your teeth aren't as pearly white as you want them to be, combine 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 or 2 drops peroxide. Brush the solution onto your teeth and then rinse. Headaches can be relieved with do-it-yourself acupressure or by massaging a few drops of peppermint oil on your lower neck. For a charley horse, apply pressure to the middle of the calf for 30 seconds. The article lists an additional 14 home remedies that are cheap, fast, and will hopefully cure your aches. Surely, these are better options than going to the drugstore and taking over the counter medications

http://lifehacker.com/338348/remedy-aches-and-pains-on-the-cheap

Quote:

Try do-it-yourself acupressure. Feel along your trapezius, the large muscle that runs from the high point of both shoulders and joins your neck. Use your thumbs and index and middle fingers to squeeze the muscle just below where it attaches to both sides of your neck. You’ll be releasing “trigger points,” tiny muscle spasms that can cause neck tension and are a common cause of headaches. Hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute — or have a friend do it for you.  

Or try massaging one or two drops of peppermint (Mentha piperita) oil into the same trigger points and the lower neck. Peppermint oil relaxes muscles in spasm.  

The expert: Benjamin Kligler, M.D., M.P.H.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22383437/

Don't think this will help but just in case.......
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2007, 3:08pm by MvT » IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Re: Remedy-aches-and-pain
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 4:50pm »

Dumber and dumber!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

cash5542
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cash5542

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 4:57pm »

Not to steal this thread but does anybody have any reief for back pain???? I've been using aleve and ice all day and have been up since 4am.

Charlotte
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 6:08pm »

on Dec 29th, 2007, 4:57pm, cash5542 wrote:
Not to steal this thread but does anybody have any reief for back pain???? I've been using aleve and ice all day and have been up since 4am.

Charlotte

Charlotte - Try alternating heat and ice. 20 min. hot, 20 min. cold, off for an hour, repeat. When I throw my back out I do this about 3 or 4 times in a day. And I use ibuprofen - just works better for me, I guess.

MvT - Why would you post this shit?
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 9:18pm »

Tylenol and a Kennedy Rocker. It's still a standard with some people.  

Sorry you have to put up with this too Charlotte.

As to the other headache remedies in this thread:

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
cash5542
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cash5542

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 9:24pm »

That reminds me of my husbands trick, our van seat. He swears he can work out any back problems by twisting in the drivers seat. I've been sitting on ice and heat all night and may be up to chat with some of the all night clusterheads if I cant sleep tonight! Thanks Charlie and Bill for your advice!

Charlotte
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 9:36pm »

Hey Charlotte I feel for you... I am on vaca from school where I work with autistic kids one on one.  Well God only knows what I did... It started out as a cold.  Then a sinus infection... then I got this dull ache under my scapula in the back of my shoulder under my armpit around my lung... really not kidding I thought I had pneumonia or pleurisy... Well it seems that God only knows whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I took myself back to the doc who said you have to go and get an x ray... Pain is not getting better and only getting worse since Christmas going on 4 days now... I got the results yesterday and I have tendonitis in the tendon that is around my lung behind my scapula... how weird is that... Now I am relieved not to have a lung issue but upset that I cannot get rid of this pain and knowing that it will probably return over and over again... not funny...It hurts when I breathe and when I move... so if you can figure out what can make the pain go away good luck... and let me know what helps... The doc said anti inflamitories and they kill my stomach and also I have a bleeding disorder so I can't use too much.  

Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 30th, 2007, 3:00am »

Naproxen is good for back pain when Ibuprofen isn't enough.
 smokin
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 30th, 2007, 6:51am »

Valerian Root (from the health food store or the vitamin section in the drug store) is really good for back pain. Take two caps every 8 hours or so.

Warning*** these thing smell like dirty gym socks, but they work!!!! Been using them for years. Best muscle relaxer in captivity....  Just hold your breath until you get them down and wash your hands...

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 30th, 2007, 7:32am »

I suffer alot from bone pain and I have a right little arsenal of treaments!
Have you ever tried a TENS Machine? I swear by mine for my back. It helps alot but only to about a 3-4 on a scale of pain of one to ten.
Then its time for a mix of naproxen and paracetamol or acetominophen or whatever you call it. One of each works for me (prescribed not invented by me)
After a 6-7 I'll hit tramadol and when it gets to 8-9 I'll hit dihydrocodeine which i hate as it sends me utterly doolally but it does take away the pain (just takes "me" away too  Sad )

Bear in mind if I start with one I rarely progress to any others - It depends where on the scale the pain starts as to what I use but as Kirk said, Naproxen is a really good option and I would add my recommndation to his

Hope you get some relief soon Charlotte - its miserable

(((HUG)))
Helen xxx
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

cash5542
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cash5542

« Reply #10 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 6:40pm »

Thanks for everyones advice. I am doing much better although my tummy is a bit messed up from too much ibuprofen. I got to sit in a jaccuzi on Monday and the heat and pulsating was wonderful! Thanks again!

Charlotte
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss