Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 1:14pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Lookin for a "workout buddy" »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Lookin for a "workout buddy"
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lookin for a "workout buddy"  (Read 1571 times)
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

Lookin for a "workout buddy"
« on: Dec 31st, 2007, 6:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I don't have a lot of weight to lose, maybe 10 lbs max, but I plan on getting back into working out regularly in the new year. Its easier with a buddy, someone you can stay motivated with.

Anyone need a buddy?
IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
kimmiedawn81
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stuck in the middle with you!

kimmiedawn8199   kimmiedawn21

Re: Lookin for a "workout buddy"
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 7:03pm »

Yep, drive on down to St. Louis!

I always need a little motivation.
IP Logged

Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 7:07pm »

a buddy?? I need a freaking sargeant!!!  laugh one of those that yell a lot like in a boot camp thing  laugh...mmm..I rather keep my pounds on  Grin..Good Luck Jenni!!  Kiss  Grin
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 7:25pm »

I'm here for you....

Exercise Routine  

If you're over 30, you might want to take it easy at first, then do it faster as you become more proficient.  
It may be too strenuous for some.

Always consult your doctor before starting any exercise program!

SCROLL DOWN...  

NOW SCROLL UP..

That's enough for the first day. Great job.  

Have a Chocolate.

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 7:28pm »

LMMFAO, Mom!!!!!...LOL Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #5 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 7:39pm »

F that crap, I ain't working out or dieting!!! Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2007, 7:39pm by Melissa » IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 7:51pm »

ROFLMAO Barb!!!!!!!!!!

crackup crackup crackup
IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #7 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 7:58pm »

C'mon up here - you can come to the gym with me.

Carol
IP Logged
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Mountain Biking Keeps Me Sane

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 8:02pm »

Or come here and shovel lots of snow! laugh
IP Logged

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005,

http://barrysword.blogspot.com

KJ
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 9:30pm »

Ah, J, I had so many lines for this thread. Ultimately, I'm gonna be quiet.

Good luck, dixie chicken.  Kiss
IP Logged
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 9:40pm »

on Dec 31st, 2007, 9:30pm, KJ wrote:
Ah, J, I had so many lines for this thread. Ultimately, I'm gonna be quiet.

Good luck, dixie chicken.  Kiss

one word beep  outta you jar boy and you're toast Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2007, 9:42pm by PollyPocket » IP Logged

Mrs Deej
CH.com Administrator
USA 

My life is what I make it....and it's beautiful!

« Reply #11 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 9:46pm »

Yes mama!!!!   Grin  I got 25 I want to lose!!!
IP Logged

Live everyday as if it were your last, ALWAYS say 'I love you' when leaving someone dear to your heart and NEVER go to bed angry!

chewy

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 9:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I can help if you want to go jogging.

Run alongside my Jeep and I'll play your favorite motivational CDs.

Pass me a hunk of cake.
IP Logged
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

!Privet! !OLA! !wassup! PARABELLUM

orangemod260500  

« Reply #13 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 2:27am »

Do cardio if you wanna lose weight...or you waste your time.....worse, develop a muscle under the layer of fat you are trying to take off.....which of course makes you look worse.

I gotta get back myself. I'm paying a fat tax if I dont use my membership.

Good luck Jen.

Cheers, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

I do look like my avatar...But I swear to God I am not a bag of aqua colored french fries

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others!!
deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #14 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 10:05am »

on Jan 1st, 2008, 2:27am, Groov wrote:
Do cardio if you wanna lose weight...or you waste your time.....worse, develop a muscle under the layer of fat you are trying to take off.....which of course makes you look worse.

I hate to be the one to disagree with you here, but that is not quite correct .  If you build muscle, you will burn fat more efficiently.  Muscle does not make you look fat, fat makes you look fat.  

Most women don't realize it, but weight lifting (I'm not talking about heavy weights either) is as beneficial to us as cardio.  It's called bone health.  Cardio is fine, but it really needs to be paired with a weight lifting routine to maximize your workout and get the most benefit for your body.  Don't believe me, ask your doctor.  Also, if you're not a milk drinker/cheese eater, you need 1200 mg. of calcium a day (split into two doses).  If you get outside, you can get enough vitamin D by 15 minutes of sun exposure.

Now to go find my workout clothes and see if I can't get a regular routine started AGAIN at the gym.  I need to lose at least 10 pounds, possibly a handful more to get back to my *pre-smoking* weight of 125 # (when I was in Dallas, I think I had gained up to 130).  My healthy weight range is 117-145, so I'm starting to hit the upper end here  Roll Eyes.  However, the only person who can fix this is *me*.

Here I am the summer before I quit smoking, think I was around 125 in these pictures.

« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2008, 10:07am by deltadarlin » IP Logged

If it weren't for the gutter, y mind would be homeless.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/

You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.

Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #15 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 11:24am »

Dang, that looks hot Delta...woo hoo  Grin

I dont think we disagree at all. Cardio is still cardio whether it is lots of reps with weights or running. The biggest mistake I see, and my original point..though maybe not clear, is that people go to the gym and try to lose fat. Say it is in the belly...they do all these ab exercises and do nothing about getting the heart rate up. What happens??? Well, like my friend at work, she loses interest and stays fat in the belly. Tells me that it is doing nothing. When I tell her to run till you feel sick and then go on the cycle...then do the ab stuff. She says hell no !! thats too much or too hard. Well, she loses nothing.

A man who has a fat belly and only does crunches etc. doesn't lose much in the middle. Just looks bigger. Forgot about womens bone health thing. I know for myself, if I don't do the cardio, I get little to nothing out of it.  You don't need a workout, you need to post bikini pics Wink  I'd be interested to see pics of you as a fatty. That would tell me that you did do cardio a lot.

I dont know, but it looks to me that you were never a fatty to begin with. The way you look now would be so easy to stay in shape, many would envy. At your present form, you could do little and still look great.

I do combine the free weights too. I didn't say to only do cardio. I do free weights as well....I guess cause I like the muscle I get out of it.  I do about 50/50 of each. If your a fat man, I guarantee if you don't get your heart rate up, you aint gonna lose much at all. Seen it a million times.  

Also another thing I did not include. People are built differently and have a different base line to deal with. This alone can make a difference in how you want to approach working out. Bottom line, get the rate up & your gold.  

I guess you could do a ton of reps on lighter weights and get your rate up. I like running or cycling. It just seems like the most efficient way to go.

Biggest problem for me is if I get to my optimum weight, I seem to drop off from the exercise. I work hard at work and get pretty tired by the end of the day....maybe a bad excuse...don't know for sure.
  But I'm on my way back this week cause the quitting smoking is gonna be a real difficult time for me to keep from gaining weight.

Wish me luck.

Cheers, Dave
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2008, 11:43am by Groov » IP Logged

PARABELLUM

I do look like my avatar...But I swear to God I am not a bag of aqua colored french fries

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #16 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 11:49am »

Hmm... I used to hate PE back in school, but I love it now. I love pilates, I love long walks, I love do little weight lifthing, I love doing yoga... Smiley
I'm so used to do something every day, so now when I have this stupid cold & cough thing, I can't do more than short walks! It sucks... Sad

Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #17 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 12:01pm »

Can't forget about bone health if you're a woman (men don't have this problem because they dont' have estrogen to deal with).

I don't and have never done a lot of cardio (of course up until these past few years, weight gain has not been a problem).

Oh yeah, if you don't alter your diet somewhat, you aren't going to do much good.

Don't have bikini pics and btw, I was 46 when those were taken.

And there is no way in hell that I would post pics of what I look like now.  you'll just have to take my word that I'm fluffy.
IP Logged

If it weren't for the gutter, y mind would be homeless.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/

You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.

Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #18 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 12:08pm »

Hey, since we are on the subject. I have something that may help others here.  

Now, I aint the picture of perfect health, but I have a trick that can help.

It's about the approach to eating & food.  I used to look at eating as something like a pleasurable event...so to speak.  

I got to be a real fatty....200 stinkin pounds!!! Man boobs & the whole thing. To get down to 165, I had to completely rethink eating.

Here is what I mean. I used to go to buffets and such. Eating 3 times a day was looked at as an "event" It was like I "deserved" to eat extremely pleasurable meals. Like food had to be a great pleasure each time I ate.

Now, I think of eating in a "utilitarian" way so to speak. That is, I do it because it is a necessary function of my existence.  

If I tell the boy: "Hey, lets get something I am hungry" it no longer triggers this insatiable need to gorge on huge calorie buffets. I hit the Subway most of the time.  

As well, I only eat a regular healthy sized diet. It is so easy to over eat and not be so stuffed that your stomach hurts. This is bad, you are doing damage and don't even know it.

You don't have to eat rice cakes all day. You DO NOT have to eat crappy stuff that tastes like cardboard all day.

You just have to eat healthy stuff and in moderation...just that simple. Assuming you don't have some physiological reason and are under a Docs care for obesity or something.

Heres the trap that gets Americans so damn fat: We have the cheapest/fattest food supply anywhere I can think of.

We have $6.99 buffets of 5,000 calories and we eat there all the time. Fast food is garbage !!! We eat it all the time.

What happens!!! HUH, why am I a fatass!?!?!?

Now don't get me wrong, I'll never win a body beautiful contest. BUT, I do understand why I got fat originally and have found a relatively easy way to stay in good shape.  

However, Jen don't need the advise.
She looks slammin' regardless. I was just hoping to be able to help others with a few little things I have learned along the way.

I got at least 10 more to go...wish me luck!!!

Cheers, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #19 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 12:15pm »

mmmmmmmm, McDonald's french fries.... Grin
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #20 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 1:11pm »

I don't want to bore y'all cause I know most people don't give a flip. But here is an example of easily re-directing your diet into something healthy without eating paper for dinner.

I just got back from Subway. My meal for lunch was Italian BMT, baked Lays & a diet drink.
 Total calories: about 400....5 or 6 g. of fat...2g saturated fat.
 It was really good and I'm full now.

I drove past the Buggar King.
Whopper value meal & diet Coke= 1030 calories...59g. fat...16g. saturated  FAT !!!!!!!!!

If you find foods like this and eat them 3 times a day, you will make a huge difference in your body's baseline...after a long while admittedly.

Point is, you aint gotta starve or live at the gym. Eating doesn't have to be dreadful. You just gotta eat the right things.  

I used to eat at least 4,000 calories a day...easy!!

Cutting out sugar-sodas alone dropped probably 800 calories a day !!!

It's subtle things that you have to watch out for.
For instance, I brought a frozen big-burrito to work...nuked it & began to eat it. I happened to look at the nutritional values on the wrapper. 800 damn calories, 400 fat !!! With the Pepsi, it was 1000 plus calories. I threw it in the trash & got Subway.

I eat about 2,000 a day and don't starve.  
   True, a pizza buffet would be nice right now, but when I look in the mirror & see man boobs that need a B cup bra...sometins wrong !!!

So, there is my point about meals. If you eat the right things, you'll be much better off...and it aint hard at all.

I hope that helps anyone considering losing fat as a New Years Resolution.

Regards, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

Mosaicwench
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Find joy in your day

WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 1:22pm »

Portion size is very important for well balanced eating.  Potato chips are fine - a WHOLE BAG of them is not.

A cheeseburger and fries occasionally is fine - not 5-7 times a week.

And low-fat is a misnomer.  It generally means no taste and still empty calories.  Eat regular food as close to natural as one can and everything evens out in the end.

I'm one of those that cannot diet.  The minute I am denied a food, I crave it.  I can only lose weight through cardio workout.  I didn't change my diet but worked out 3-4 times a week and lost 28 pounds.

Of course when I stopped due to extenuating circumstances, a year later it was all back.

Oh well back at it now . . . .
IP Logged

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #22 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 1:35pm »

on Jan 1st, 2008, 1:11pm, Groov wrote:
...but when I look in the mirror & see man boobs...

Dave - We call those "moobs."
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #23 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 1:43pm »

on Jan 1st, 2008, 1:35pm, brewcrew wrote:

Dave - We call those "moobs."

laugh laugh laugh

Nice job Mosaic...28 lbs. is awesome !!

I have to work on staying with it for a lifetime. I seem to revert back to my old bad ways. I tell people what to do, then I don't take my own advise...sigh

But I think i have it under good control as of late. Just gotta keep reminding myself the advise I give aint worth a dime if "I" don't use it myself.  

Still workin on the cigarette problem Sad
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #24 on: Jan 1st, 2008, 2:02pm »

I'm 6'2" and 180.  Same as I weighed when I was 18.  Never varies by more than 5 pounds either way.  I don't know why--metabolism, I guess.

Don't do much about it.  (Well, I do nordic skiing in the winter and a lot of hiking in the summer.)  I eat whatever I want.

People hate me.

Best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss