Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 11:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Looking to adopt this abandoned cat »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Looking to adopt this abandoned cat
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Looking to adopt this abandoned cat  (Read 1796 times)
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Mountain Biking Keeps Me Sane

WWW Email

Re: Looking to adopt this abandoned cat
« Reply #25 on: May 4th, 2008, 8:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Buck is doing awesome. Just wanted to share a pic of what he looks like now with a few meals under his belt. grin2

He moves every time I go to take a pic of him! Grin
IP Logged

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005,

http://barrysword.blogspot.com

Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #26 on: May 4th, 2008, 9:42am »

Awesome! Cheesy
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #27 on: May 4th, 2008, 3:19pm »

I love kitties  Cheesy ! He is a handsome cat!
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Mosaicwench
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Find joy in your day

WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: May 4th, 2008, 5:46pm »

He's VERY handsome.  Is he a snuggly kitty or are you simply "staff" to him?

You know the old saying - dogs have families, cats have staff.
IP Logged

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown
deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #29 on: May 4th, 2008, 6:18pm »

If Buck's not a *snuggly* kitty, I'll be really surprised.  Most snowshoes have a need to own at least one human (sometimes more than one).  HOWEEVER, BB, who owns Jimbo completely, decides when *she* wants attention, does not like to be picked up or cuddled.  BUT, will rub all over Jmbo and tell him in no uncertain terms that it's time for him to love her and submit to her will (that being brushing and petting).  Little boy is quite content to sleep in my lap or somewhere near me.

Snowshoes are fun!
IP Logged

If it weren't for the gutter, y mind would be homeless.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/

You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.

Angie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: May 4th, 2008, 7:11pm »

Thank you everyone, he is awesome, very cuddly with Barry. I sleep on the pull out couch with the other two cats, our Siamese is still adjusting to Buck.

It has only been a week since he arrived I am sure the other two will start to accept him soon.

He is a nice addition to this family. The only thing is he just ate part of my chocolate chip muffin that I had left on the counter. He will eat anything.

IP Logged
deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #31 on: May 5th, 2008, 8:20am »

on May 4th, 2008, 7:11pm, Angie wrote:
The only thing is he just ate part of my chocolate chip muffin that I had left on the counter. He will eat anything.

Don't let Littleboy of BB see/smell/hear a potato chip (or anything salty) being eaten.  They will both take you down for one.  Callie likes chocolate icecream.  They all have a horrible sweet tooth and will take the hide of your finger when eating  buttercream frosting  Grin.

Carolyn
IP Logged

If it weren't for the gutter, y mind would be homeless.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/

You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.

Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #32 on: May 5th, 2008, 7:05pm »

Ah you are making me miss my kitty.  

Teek got out 3 weeks ago and we can not find him.  I was sitting in the recliner last night reading and miss having him curled up in my lap.  

He is beautiful.  

Glad you found each other.  
Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
jon019
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

"Ya gotta believe!"

« Reply #33 on: May 5th, 2008, 9:42pm »

Hi Angie and Barry,

What you did just warms my heart. I am confident you will be rewarded with a "forever friend". People who abandon animals ought to be required to spend some time in the same cages most of them end up in. People like you, who rescue them, are the "salt of the earth".

I am reminded of a happy/sad, sad/happy experience in my life:

My friend and assistant(at the time) owned a small apartment complex. She had to evict a deadbeat family from one of them. They proved that moniker when upon inspection post eviction several days later, the apartment was trashed and she found a sweet, loving cat that had been abandoned.

My friend called me to ask what to do. I knew sending it to the pound would most likely be a death sentence. So, I told her to bring it to my office (a trailer separate from the main office). It was instant bonding as he "only had eyes for me" (must have been a guy's cat) and I for him. Fortunately, I had cans of cat food in my desk. Use 'em for trapping possums. Nothing against that ugliest of animals, just can't allow them in a food plant. BTW, I have a permit to trap and I don't kill 'em (even tho the law says I HAVE to). I release them in a riverside park that used to be a homestead, old apple trees, the river, lots of brush. Just perfect for a coon's cousin. They do hiss, just like a cat, while mosieing away from the trap (a possum doesn't do ANYTHING quick).

Anyway, it took two cans just to slow him down (obviously starving). He became velcro cat and would hide under my desk, at my feet, only I could touch him. Major separation anxiety every time I had to leave.  

That wasn't going to work so I invited all colleagues to visit the "orphan" and think about adopting. If I held him, he was regal in his bearing, accepting all commoners. The HR lady (cat lover extraordinaire) came to take him away and find a home. She took him to her office (after a spirited crawl under several desks). I was a mess as he was obviously upset (but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.) She later called me over because he was acting abandoned again and mewing pathetically.  

I went. Instant velcro cat again. He would only eat or drink if I got down on the floor next to the food dish (and stayed there). The HR lady kept saying, "Jon, you gotta take him" Jon, you gotta take him", "Jon, he obviously loves you, Jon, take him home", "Jon... until I was almost in tears and had to beg her to STOP! I couldn't take him home, I live in a no pets apartment. Believe me, I almost moved just so I could take him. But, there is a dearth of "pet friendly" apartments where I live. More's the pity...

I remain heartbroken AND happy. I insisted she find a good home with a guy. She told me she did, and I trust that that is true. I never asked who or where, couldn't bear it. Sometimes there is a bond with a creature that you know is not only meant to be, but perfect. I regret the circumstances, and I remember a "forever friend" who got a new life. Thank you, Lord...

AND, thank you.... he is beautiful!

Regards,

Jon
IP Logged

"The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names." (that's cluster headache doc)

Chinese proverb
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Mountain Biking Keeps Me Sane

WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: May 5th, 2008, 10:10pm »

Jon, thanks for sharing that from both of us, sorry you could not be with your buddy. Cry

Barry&Angie
IP Logged

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005,

http://barrysword.blogspot.com

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss