Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 5:39pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Need a med answer quick please »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Need a med answer quick please
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need a med answer quick please  (Read 506 times)
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

Need a med answer quick please
« on: May 16th, 2008, 1:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I only have an hour before I have to pick up Sam and we MOVE.  Normally I would post a med ??? on the med board but, this board is more active in a timely period....

Ok point to my post, I was just prescribed Doxepin 10mg for help with sleep (still chronic, going into high cycle here and sleeping less) and just read that it takes weeks to take effect?  Is that so? or is that just for the deppression part of it?  Any experience out there with this med?

Thanks so much for any response to this half ass thread
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Need a med answer quick please
« Reply #1 on: May 16th, 2008, 1:57pm »

Never heard of it hon.. I wish I could help
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Paige_H.
New Board Newbie
USA 

What the hell?

« Reply #2 on: May 16th, 2008, 2:38pm »

Apparently the sleepy part will kick in ASAP.  The rest of the stuff it does will take a little time.  And also, if you have an itch - it will get rid of it.
IP Logged
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #3 on: May 16th, 2008, 5:04pm »

Sorry I'm late to this.  It'll make you sleepy pronto.  In fact, the effectiveness of the sedative part of doxepin may lessen over time.  It's for depression and chronic pain that doxepin can take weeks to work.  But doxepin when first initiated will make you very sleepy!  Just be careful when you take it and make sure you can sleep the whole night and don't have to get up too early the next day!

Doxepin can have some other effects, too - mostly dry mouth and some anticholinergic effects that I don't have time to type out now.  Just let your doc know of any effects!

Gotta run!
Love,
Carrie Smiley
IP Logged

debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

..i think to myself, it's a wonderful world..

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 16th, 2008, 9:22pm »

ooops.u prob will not get this since no puta for a bit.but i take elavil @ nightime only, 25 mg, and it has basically keep me PF at night.(i get hit between 9am-9pm) 1st cycle ever.only med i am on..................gta take by 9 if u have to get up for work by say 7 or 8.............i am trying to decrease to 10mg, but cant, started getting some hits...............takes about a week to get over the morning grogginess but it has been good to me! hope u get some sleep!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss