Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 1:00pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « The other shoe drops. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Daily Chat
   General Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   The other shoe drops.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The other shoe drops.  (Read 556 times)
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

The other shoe drops.
« on: May 20th, 2008, 10:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Finished the house remodeling on the inside last fall.  Now it's time to do the outside.  

Pursuant to my recent garage door woes, I'm replacing the whole thing with a new one.  

I had Ellen pick the paint colors, because she's a lot better at it than I am.  In case you're curious, you can reconstruct her choices at:

http://www.behr.com/behrx/workbook/

...with 590F-7 as the main color (a very deep blue) , 590F-5 as the color on the gable ends (the same tint, two shades lighter) , and 190F-7 as the trim color (a dark red-brown) .

I've told her that we need to go for a classy look, since our neighbors on either side have chosen, respectively, a "Shriner's Circus" color scheme, and a combination which Ellen describes as "Blood and Brains".

I think it will look good, but in the event that it does not, I've told her that I am holding her fully responsible.  It doesn't seem to worry her--she tells me that by the time I realize that I truly hate it, she will have gone away to college.

Wish me luck.  At least with the work on the outside, the whole house won't be torn apart.    
 Undecided

Best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: The other shoe drops.
« Reply #1 on: May 20th, 2008, 10:34am »

George, I'm impressed with the color coordination there.  It's very classy, yet updated and trendy.

Not knowing the style of home you own,  this combination would be appropriate to most anything.  Now if you has a "Painted Lady" style, There would need to be a few more hues tossed in there for good measure. Smiley
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 20th, 2008, 12:29pm »

Thanks, Pegg.  El will be glad of the vindication.   Wink

It's basically a smallish tract home, built in the '80's.  Cedar front, lap-siding all around.  Cedar trim.  EJ probably knows the precise name for it, but I don't.

It's nice having a color-head around.  I'm hopeless when it comes to that stuff, and EJ's not much better at it.  

When I was growing up, my father was convinced that there was only one color for a house.  Just as a barn must be red, a house must be white.  Every other year, another coat of white on the pile.  Ho hum.  Resistance was futile.   Wink

Colors are cool.

Best,

George
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2008, 12:32pm by George_J » IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

« Reply #3 on: May 20th, 2008, 12:31pm »

I agree with Pegg... great color choices... it sounds like a fun project too...

with warm regards,
Tony
IP Logged

Hope! http://artonio7.com
CH Pain Calendar Free Download
For artwork
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss