Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 3:46am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New guy to this site »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   New guy to this site
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New guy to this site  (Read 399 times)
tankman
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

New guy to this site
« on: Dec 31st, 2007, 6:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I think I have every headache, the latest, clusters. It started two years ago. Then the doctor worked me up for high blood pressure and as mysteriously as they appeared with their eye stabbing pain instead of their nauseating pain, they went away. So, I for sure though my blood pressure now under controll was the cause of my headache's. Now, with my blood pressure still under controll, the eye popping, eye stabbing, never ending pain, unless I take my expired imitrex shots from two years ago will seem to take total control of my total body and mind. The gun in the closet almost seems like a better alternative then being forced to taking a drug. Although, I know I have that drug alternative or Med 7, whatever.  Yes, unfortunately, I do fine a little comfort staying up late at night seeing I'm not alone at night trying to ward off the 2am shadows or whatever it's called.  I'm used to it these last 4 weeks now and it's been hell. I've gone from thinking Sinus infection to Brain Tumor, Who knows? Damn my HypoThalmus!!!!! One night, the other to be exact, I actually tried to see if an ice bag on my eye and forehead and temple would help me, I did this for four or five hours, I did not want to take one of my remaining stocks of imitrex. I also, don't want my body or brain to have to depend on this drug to get releif, especially every 10 or 12 hours every day. By the time I finally couldn't take it any longer and decided to give in to the imitrex shot and took it, I found myself breathing so fast, I had to keep reminding myself to slow down my breathing so I wouldn't go into respiratory alkalosis. (Blowing off too much CO2) Carbon Dioxide. Which acidotic in nature. which in turn make's you alkolotic. I was in fear of possibly dying in my bedroom because of the severe pain I was going through. Yes, Cluster Headache's are the worse type of Migranes, I believe I have had them all. I had a CT Scan of my Brain the other day, I'm anxiously awaiting the results like a little baby, I do have kids and am very worried it is nothing more serious, then again, I think, what can be more serious then cluster headaches! To me, it is completely ruining my life these last 4 weeks, and what I remember 2 years ago, for about 4 months, it was the most horrible 4 months in my life. Anyway, Hello all, Happy New year. The only thing I can say is I would pray to God to get rid of everybody's cluster headache's! I do know when I have one, I'm praying very much and very hard for him/her to help me get rid of it while it is happening. Thank God for Imitrex.  David/Tankman
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: New guy to this site
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 8:50am »

David, you're in the early stage of learning where spinning in many directions is adding to the confusion! <bg>

Invest a few $ in the second book and get some organized understanding of what is happening to you and how to approach treatment.

----------MANAGEMENT OF HEADACHE AND HEADACHE MEDICATIONS, 2nd ed. Lawrence D. Robbins, M.D.; pub. by Springer. $50 at Amazon.Com.  It covers all types of headache and is primarily focused on medications. While the two chapters on CH total 42-pages, the actual relevant material is longer because of multiple references to material in chapters on migraine, reflecting the overlap in drugs used to treat. I'd suggest reading the chapters on migraine for three reasons: he makes references to CH & medications which are not in the index; there are "clinical pearls" about how to approach the treatment of headache; and, you gain better perspective on the nature of headache, in general, and the complexities of treatment (which need to be considered when we create expectations about what is possible). Finally, women will appreciate & benefit from his running information on hormones/menstrual cycles as they affect headache. Chapter on headache following head trauma, also. Obviously, I'm impressed with Robbins' work (even if the book needs the touch of a good editor!) (Somewhat longer review/content statement at 3/22/00, "Good book...."Wink

HEADACHE HELP, Revised edition, 2000; Lawrence Robbins, M.D., Houghton Mifflin, $15. Written for a nonprofessional audience, it contains almost all the material in the preceding volume but it's much easier reading. Highly recommended.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 31st, 2007, 1:27pm »

Conquering Headache
Dr. Rappaport.
Good book.
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 6th, 2008, 6:15am »

David,

Get some Red Bull and try that at the onset of a headache -- or some strong coffee...  

Ice packs (or frozen peas)sometimes help.

O2 helps  most of us more than anything...  Talk to your doc about that -- 15 liters per minute with a non-rebreather mask...  

Let us know how things work out...

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss