Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « This is Killing Me..... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   This is Killing Me.....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: This is Killing Me.....  (Read 444 times)
LucyBee210
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

This is Killing Me.....
« on: Jan 14th, 2008, 5:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am so new to this board and so thankful I found you people but at this moment I wish death would take me.. The pain is excruciating - I've been suffering for over 2 hours now - the longest bout ever and I am at my wits end on how to ease up the pain.  I have tried my usual ice therapy, my Excedrin Migraine pills, and my endless pots of coffee all to no avail.  I made the mistake of closing my eyes early this afternoon from sheer exhaustion, telling myself to just close my eyes and not fall asleep, but it happened and within 15 minutes it hit me like a freight train.  I just read about the benefit of drinking water so now that's my next stop - kitchen sink and water.. i don't know how much longer I can deal with this pain - how can a human being have such intense pain in the head and not cause some serious problem???  Thanks for being here -- I can barely see what I'm typing my pain is so intense ... i have not been to anydoctor this yet - insurance issues - so I have to tough this out for myself but I'm losing ground fast.
IP Logged
brdygrl35
New Board Newbie
USA 

brdygrl2

Re: This is Killing Me.....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2008, 5:27pm »

O honey I know what you are going through.  What I did this morning to help my pain (I woke up with one) was I completely submerged myself hot water and came up only for air.  It helped the pain till the meds kicked in.  It did not completely get rid of it but it really soothed it.  That was the first time I tried that, my Aunt told me she does it, and it made it a little better.  I am also new to this site....I'm praying for you Smiley
IP Logged
Yorky
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

learn to meditate (or just sit & do nowt)

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14th, 2008, 6:08pm »

hang on in  there girl...
we know what you are dealing with.
cant give you advice on the excedrin..  have you tried
oxygen ?
red bull ?  
melatonin? (helps the nitetime/sleep hits for some

sorry you had to find your way here...but you will find a lot of people here that do care.
(and they will be able to offer..some good advice..)

pftuall

read all you can lucy.
IP Logged

today is a gift.....thats why it is called the

present.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14th, 2008, 6:09pm »

Lucy read the thread of brdygrls as it has some tips that will help you too, coffee, red bull, o2 etc. The trick with everything isn't just drinking coffee for instance, its how soon you can get on them. First twinge you need to be chugging it down as fast as you can. I expect you know that already but it may just help someone else who reads this thread so I'll mention it anyway.

There is also some really good advice on the other thread regarding meds that are cheaper to buy if you can see a ER doctor for a prescription or whatever. The only reason I'm not writing it all out twice is I want you to have a reply sooner.

Did you fall asleep lying down or sat up in a chair? A lot of people find sleeping propped up helpful - at least they can get some sleep.  

Melatonin is another OTC option mentioned that you might find useful.

Hang in there, more people will be along and we'll all try to help

Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

LucyBee210
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14th, 2008, 6:34pm »

All of you - thanks for reading my post and giving me the information I so desperately need to deal with this.  After I finished posting I immediately drank 3 glasses of tap water and whether it was just coincidence or it really helped, my headache started to subside some.  As for meds - the oxygen, Red Bull (which I had never heard of) and Melatonin - I have not tried any of it and would not have access to the oxygen unless I start medical invention which is impossible at this time due to insurance issues .. I will get some Melatonin - I think I read where WalMart has it.. I'm willing to try anything.  As for how I fell asleep today - I was lying on the couch propped up with pillows like I do when I go to bed.  This is such a vicious cycle and am dreading tonight when it's time for bed again.  
Again - thanks from the bottom of my heart for all of your help and support.
IP Logged
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #5 on: Jan 14th, 2008, 6:39pm »

300 bucks or less for oxygen.  It works.

Potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
imfareware
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

Hello  Everyone!!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 14th, 2008, 6:44pm »

Hang in there, I just finished a mild one off.  

Today they delivered my O2 so I sat with that for 10 mins then jumped in a very hot bath, I just got out.  The bath helps relax me.

Stay tough, these wont last forever!
IP Logged

Pain is temporary, Love is Permanent
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 14th, 2008, 7:21pm »

Lucy read the info re welders O2 on the other thread - it could be the best thing you ever do! Honestly, O2 is the 2nd best thing ever to happen for me ch-wise. The first was finding this site. I swear by the stuff, it's a godsend.

Helen

IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

damn......no place to park

« Reply #8 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 2:26am »

i turned into a coffee junky on my last cycle. try not to overdo  things in desperation. Excedrin aspirin and ibuprofen seem to intensify my chs. tylonol works good as a pm. at the peek of an attack o2 and lots of cold water work good for me. this is something that is hard to overdo. try not to take a bunch of pills when your face is on fire. your in the right place though. there are alot of good people here and we will help you get through this. welcome.
IP Logged

that which does not kill you will only make you crazy, obsessive, and sleep deprived
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 11:22pm »

So sorry you have to deal with this horror. You're not alone. You'll find a lot of good advice. Sleeping in a recliner can reduce the number and some serious excercise can be effective. This is what worked for me and the price is right:

Dr. Wright’s Circulatory Technique:

I am not sure what mechanism is triggered by this but whatever it is, at least indirectly helps kill the pain. I do know that this technique has nothing to do with meditation, relaxation, or psychic ability. It is entirely physical and takes some work. It involves concentrating on trying to redirect a little circulation to the arms, hands, or legs. Think of feeling your pulse in your hand. Increased circulation will result in a reddening and warming of the hands. The important and difficult part is that it has to be done without interruption through the pain. Do not give up in frustration. It may not work on the first try. Try experimenting between attacks. You will find that it gets easier with practice. Every now and then it will work almost immediately. I lived for those moments.  

I was given less than five minutes instruction in the use of method. The doctor, while placing his arm on his desk, showed me that he could slightly increase his arm and hand circulation. After several attempts, I was able to repeat this procedure and use it successfully. I have had about a 75% success rate shortening these attacks. My 20 minute attacks were often reduced to 10 minutes or less. Once proven that I had a chance to effectively deal with this horror, I always gave it a try as I had nothing to lose but pain.

I used to try to imagine I was pushing blood away from my neck into my arm. Use your imagination. There is one man who wrote that his standing barefoot on a concrete floor shortened his attacks. This may be similar as it draws some circulation away from the head. Cold water, exercise, or anything affecting circulation, seems to be worth a try. My suggestion is to not let up immediately when the pain goes. Waiting a minute is probably a good idea. So long as you do not slack off, this has a chance of working.

This technique is very useful while waiting for medication to take effect or when none is available. It costs nothing, is non-invasive, and can be used just about anywhere. It is not a miracle but it helped me deal with this horror. It can be a bit exhausting but the success rate was good enough for me and a cluster headache sufferer will do just about anything to end the pain. It gives us a fighting chance.  

Charlie  

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
tessistired
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

tesslovescoffee   tesslovesthecafe
Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 16th, 2008, 10:15am »

Hi Lucy!

Welcome to the family!

I am so sorry you are suffering but we here more than anyone totally understand what you are dealing with.  PLEASE PLEASE  
try your best to hang in there and we will help you as much as we can with helpful tips...remember we are not doctors but most here have been with the beast long enough to have some very useful tricks up there sleeves.  

So read as much as you can...visit the OUCH website...there is the link on the left of the screen in yellow and there is alot of very helpful info there...and also come and visit us in the chat room sometime so we can talk there sometime....www.clusterheadaches.com/chat

we'd love to see you there

Hang in there and Keep the faith!

Many Blessings to you and yours

Tess
IP Logged
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 20th, 2008, 10:53pm »

hang in there.  please
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss