Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:32am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « wow, i thought i was alone!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   wow, i thought i was alone!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: wow, i thought i was alone!!  (Read 435 times)
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

wow, i thought i was alone!!
« on: Jan 20th, 2008, 10:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My name is Bill r. I live near Cleveland. When i was 21 i got my 1st bout with these headaces, but they went away after a couple weeks, just happened at night. I would get a lone headace every so often but nothing major in clusters till i turn 35, then it hit me like a arrow in the face. well i got to the doctor and gave them the low down, cluster headaces he said. Gave me some pregdonze and a sleeping pill and away they went. Well that was untill about 7 weeks ago when they came back with even more force than anything i ever felt in my life. Im on meds now and on the shot. Havent been woken for 3 nights with what feels like someone mistaking me for a vampire and running a cold steel rod in my eye. im a father of 2, married and very active, this krap is killin me, and i just want it to stop. i wanted to meet people, and find a place like this to finally know someone eles understands this pain. when this shit is active i try anything, staying up, waiting.. pre taking asprin, but it dont matter. Its coming to get me, it been 4 days since im on meds now and finally can see stright enough to try to reach someone eles with this cry. and by the way my insurance company is starting to piss me off. coach bill. please write me back or respond. sorry about my spelling.
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
chewy

Email

Re: wow, i thought i was alone!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20th, 2008, 11:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

What meds/dosages are you taking?
IP Logged
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 21st, 2008, 12:08am »

Dear Coach Bill:

I hear you!  I'm in Columbus and would be glad to speak with you on the phone if you would like.  Send me a private message (PM) with your number, or ask for mine.

I've been living with these headaches for nearly 21 years.  I'm sorry that you've had to find us here, but know that you've got many years of combined experience here.  You can rant, ask questions, and read up on the treatments and results here.

Wishing you quick relief!

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21st, 2008, 6:55am »

Howdy Bill... I'm within visiting distance, about one hour and forty five minutes from you. If you like you can call me also... pm me for my number.

with warm regards,
Tony
IP Logged

Hope! http://artonio7.com
CH Pain Calendar Free Download
For artwork
Mark_Morris
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love disc golf

« Reply #4 on: Jan 21st, 2008, 7:28am »

by the way my insurance company is starting to piss me off

"Starting" being the key here. I'd like to switch but to which one?
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21st, 2008, 9:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

You might want to start another thread about your insurance bitc*h
IP Logged
imfareware
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

Hello  Everyone!!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 21st, 2008, 1:10pm »

Hello Bill, hang in there!
IP Logged

Pain is temporary, Love is Permanent
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 21st, 2008, 2:28pm »

Hi Bill & Welcome to Clusterville

Have you used 02 before?  Just checking to make sure you got the right regulator (at least 15 lpm reg), and the proper mask (non-rebreather . . . the one with the bag).  With proper use, works for 70% of us to abort an attack.    

Be Safe,  PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 21st, 2008, 7:02pm »

thanks to all for responding. im still trying to figure this out.  the mask i got is wrong(but not for long). thank you all for that!! also i will be talking to my doctor about melationin, because mine come at night mostly. and i never herd of the topamax he got me on now. but its been 5 days on the preds, and 2 now on topamax and so, no wake up calls from the beast in 4 nights!! im just glad i found you poeple. and i wanna talk more with you all. im gonna make a profile, and just be here so im not alone anymore, thanks to all but mostly (chewy). you were very point of fact. the first 1 i met on here and you are no-nonsense type of person, and i will learn from you. but if there is any one near cleveland please respond i would like to talk share some stories or whatever, but that goes for anyone not just ohioans.
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
Stinger
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 21st, 2008, 7:12pm »

I remember in past episodes, I would take about everything I could find before bed and they still always came.  I really doesn't matter what you take, at least over the counter meds, they still come.  Since I am new here I have already read about melatonin and Red Bull.  I'm going to give them a shot.  Good luck, bud.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss