Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:51am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I'm a NOOB »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   I'm a NOOB
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I'm a NOOB  (Read 476 times)
trisha98
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I'm a NOOB
« on: Jan 17th, 2008, 12:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all my name is Trish and I am a Noob to the sight but not to the clusters.  I have been suffering for about 10 years now but did't get diagnosed until about 4 months ago.  I thought that I was going crazy and so did my hubby,  he tries to understand but is really not that good at it.  I hope that this sight helps him and me to understand that others suffer from the same and it is not all in my head....(bad pun sorry)  I am truly tired that everyone just looks at me and says "we all get headaches and we survive".  I am truly tired........  Embarassed
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Re: I'm a NOOB
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 6:03am »

Welcome to Clusterville -- at least here when we say, "We understand!" we do.  

CH is MORE than headaches - that's something only another CHer understands. But we all hear, "Oh yeah I had one of those one time and......"  

You are NOT crazy (well... most of us are a little bit.....but here you won't notice much Grin).  

Get your husband on the Supporters board and maybe he'll understand a little better what you're going thru.  

The best advice here is to READ READ READ. Over the years we've compiled the most complete information on CH there is anywhere. We offer support, advice (some good and some you won't take), comfort and just plain silly stuff sometimes. But all in all we're a good bunch of people. And we do UNDERSTAND what you're going thru cause we're going thru the same thing.

Pull up a chair and read......

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

imfareware
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

Hello  Everyone!!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 7:03am »

Hello, my wife has been putting up with me and mine since 1986.  Patience and understanding.  Just ask for your space when the CH attacks come on, and just ask him for support.  Love will get ya through it!

After all, we are special!!!! Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged

Pain is temporary, Love is Permanent
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 1:27pm »

Welcome, Trish Smiley

you are not alone anymore. We understand what you are going through.

Please ask questions if you have any and know that we are here to support you!

SUPPORT is the best med! Cheesy

Be well and Pain free!
IP Logged
trisha98
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 22nd, 2008, 1:06pm »

Thank you for all your support. I am starting a new cycle of the CHs and they usually last for about 6 weeks and then they will go away for a couple of months.  Everytime this happens I wish it would be the last.  The doc has put me on midrin which is the first med that has worked. For a long time the docs didn't seem to know what was going on and I was just frustrated and tired of the pain.  I am glad that finally a doc seems to be intrested in trying to help me through the pain instead of just trying ot get me out of his office.  I am sorry this post went so long I just needed to get this off my chest.  Thank you for listening......
IP Logged
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22nd, 2008, 4:47pm »

Welcome to our little corner of the world Trish.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

imfareware
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

Hello  Everyone!!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 22nd, 2008, 6:05pm »

Hello Trish!  Welcome, my wife has been putting up with me and my CH's since 86, I dont know why.  Its not my personality.  

Besides most pills on the market, have you tried anything that might help ease the headach?
IP Logged

Pain is temporary, Love is Permanent
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss