Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 3:03pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « This is me »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   This is me
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: This is me  (Read 1112 times)
Emily
New Board Old Timer
Wales 

Re: This is me
« Reply #50 on: Feb 22nd, 2008, 5:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

And there I was thinking that this was a community of sane folks... What kind of name are you crazy pair trying to give us?  Grin

Welcome Trinity. Always good to have more folks from this side of the pond.

I drink energy drinks and find them good just for shadows (those twinges just before a hit). What I've also found is that alcohol and painkillers - paracetamol, aspirin etc make things oh so worse for me! I've given them all up (crap when I twisted my ankle and couldn't take anything for it!) but I'd rather that pain that any more ch.

Between energy drinks, o2 and my melatonin fix I'm currently keeping the beast away. Hip hip hooray!

Hoping you find your magic combo soon.

Em
IP Logged

The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.
- Moliere

darknight
New Board Veteran
Great_Britain 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?

« Reply #51 on: Feb 22nd, 2008, 5:54am »

Dont want crusts anyway my hairs curly enough!!! Smiley

Hi Emily, thanks for the welcome, i stopped drinking alcohol within a few months of being diagnosed, not that i drank alot anyway, but noticed if i did have even a glass i could trigger them so as soon as i realised i stopped.
Still debating about energy drinks and the caffeine in them keeps me up all night!!
Hoping the 02 works and so far so good
PFD to you all Wink
IP Logged
Emily
New Board Old Timer
Wales 

« Reply #52 on: Feb 22nd, 2008, 6:19am »

The caffeine used to really affect me too, but your body will get used to it. I still don't have one if it's after 5pm. I stick to ice packs and o2.  

Good luck with the o2. Let us know how you get on!

Em
IP Logged

The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.
- Moliere

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #53 on: Feb 22nd, 2008, 6:24am »

I really don't know WHAT your problem is Simon  Roll Eyes

While you're up you could get on with 1001 DIY jobs AND have the energy to do them.. there is simply NO pleasing some folks is there Em?!

And he's an "ooop Norf" so no one would think he was sane anyhow  Wink

seriously though, I can have a asda's own red bull thing at 2am now and go to sleep - you really do get used to it!

IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

darknight
New Board Veteran
Great_Britain 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?

« Reply #54 on: Feb 22nd, 2008, 6:47am »

IM useless at DIY and all that flat pack building, seriously the mrs is decorating the kitchen at the mo, id cause some damage if let loose with paints brushes and other equipment, better to stay away!!!! Grin

Helen its the sane ones we have to be careful of!! Cheesy

IP Logged
Stinger
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #55 on: Feb 22nd, 2008, 1:39pm »

I have some nights where I wake up with a headache and I drink a Red Bull, sometimes twice a night and it has helped so far.  I am usually back in bed within ten minutes.  It's amazing.  All those years I didn't know.  Go figure.  But I am thankful I came back here and found out about it.  I wake up alot at night anyway, so drinking a Red Bull (Slamming the Bull) doesn't seem to bother my sleep too much.  And I am sure the Melatonin helps also.  What a combo.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss